RIP Le Studio; the building has been demolished

blueschica

I don't know too much other than this. This was posted in another Rush group I am in. The person who is always raising money to "Save Le Studio" had mentioned a few times this month that this was coming but no one knew whether to believe him. There are videos of the whole site on Instagram (don't know how to capture and share them) so I guess it really happened. 2020 rolls on . . . .

9t9SsnNh.png5xzTNbXl.png

R4KNC4Fl.png uzSVNjVl.png

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

When reading this post, I came up with four songs from albums that were recorded at Le Studio, which sums things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf7To6vdg7A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yDU2jFkpjg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL3Sp3_dS-E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNe2sPO6lw

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

If I remember correctly, there was a bit in the making of Snakes and Arrows where Neil goes to Le Studio and looks through the windows. It was sad to see. So many good albums made there :sigh: Change comes whether we want it or not. :(
  • Like 4

Sad to see it go. I haven't checked in on the 'Save Le Studio' saga in awhile - so is this permanent and nothing will replace it? I seem to remember someone wanting to build a school or museum or something (although I thought they were going to restore what was left instead of tearing it down).
  • Like 1

If I remember correctly, there was a bit in the making of Snakes and Arrows where Neil goes to Le Studio and looks through the windows. It was sad to see. So many good albums made there :sigh: Change comes whether we want it or not. :(

It's in the 2015 VH1 Classic documentary series titled Rock Icons about Geddy where Alex and Neil comment on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0UEngM9AXI

Neil discussed this in one of his past blog posts here.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

W1der what happened?........as of just this past May 2020 a video on yt had an update about things were moving forward

showed people working around cleaning,fixing some of the damage to the building

On the Le Studio Morin Heights 2020 Facebook group page here, there will be a rebuild occurring in 2021.

I've never seen so much attention focused on rebuilding an abandon recording facility.

In the past, the band didn't really show much interest in nostalgia about this, until Geddy started wearing a Le Studio t-shirt at his book signings.

Maybe Geddy and Alex have a change of heart about the whole thing now, who knows?

I wish more music fans could have this passion for other recording studios around the globe that closed down and became abandoned to be rebuilt. They're just as important as Le Studio.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

I don't get it. It's just a f***ing recording studio for Christ's sake.

Exactly! It's just a recording studio.

Why do some fans feel the need to make a pilgrimage (if that's the correct word) to this place, I'll never know.

I’m not really feeling great loss but I understand it. There’s a sense of history connected to it. And history is important to many. Simple as that.

• Like 3

Exactly! It's just a recording studio.

Why do some fans feel the need to make a pilgrimage (if that's the correct word) to this place, I'll never know.

I’m not really feeling great loss but I understand it. There’s a sense of history connected to it. And history is important to many. Simple as that.

But what makes it more special and historical to fans than any other studio where a classic album was recorded? I get why the bands would have a special connection to the studios they've recorded in but I don't understand why the fans would since the majority of them have never been there.

������������

Are you using special characters in your posts? This is what I'm seeing -- whatever you typed there my computer isn't translating it. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

mr-freeze-post1.jpg

• Like 2

������������

Are you using special characters in your posts? This is what I'm seeing -- whatever you typed there my computer isn't translating it. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

mr-freeze-post1.jpg

I put an emoji in one of my posts once, and this occurred. This probably is the same thing he's doing :huh:

A victim of the times and technology. Less emphasis on albums now. Good recording technology now readily available for cheap. Easier to record parts in various small studios and slap them together via technology. Less need to travel to expensive recording 'Meccas'.

There's been many 'historic' buildings in my area that have been knocked down. A select group will cry outrage but in the end it's just a shrug and 'oh well that's too bad'. There was recently a huge Catholic Nun convent where they built a newer smaller facility and tore down the 100 year old 'historic' facility. The old building was costing $1m a year to operate and maintain. If someone wanted it so bad, they could have bought it for $1...but I guess they didn't want the $1m/yr maintenance price tag.

The building that I used to work at was a former college dorm. Could have been used to house homeless or senior housing after we moved out 2 years ago, but it needed too much work and $. So it got bulldozed.

At the end of the day, a building needs to have a economically viable purpose or it's not useful.

• Like 1

������������

mr-freeze-post1.jpg

I put an emoji in one of my posts once, and this occurred. This probably is the same thing he's doing :huh:

Was it one of our emojis, or from somewhere else?

������������

mr-freeze-post1.jpg

Was it one of our emojis, or from somewhere else?

All I did was right click and I saw "Emoji & Symbols". That's all where I get those other emojis. I use the emojis here too.

Ohhhhh........I don't know........ don't ya get a hard-on for nostalgia?������������

Sure, for something I have an attachment to. Not for some studio that I never been to in my life. Where a band records an album plays no part in whether or not I like it.