Missing Tourbooks Collection

Digital82

Imagine these will sell out, but I have no interest in them. No Neil essays. No band written equipment lists.... Price point higher than the more recent programs which had more pages.

Not counting these, I still need an original 2112 program.

• Like 1

Imagine these will sell out, but I have no interest in them. No Neil essays. No band written equipment lists.... Price point higher than the more recent programs which had more pages.

well if you buy the 3 books together, the price per book averages out to be lower than, not higher than the recent programs. and have you seen one of them? I don’t know yet that equipment lists, etc., will not be included. do you?

I've said this before but we need an update/rerelease of the complete tour books coffee table book they put out around 2004.

Talking about "Rush - the Complete Tour Books 30th Anniversary 1977-2004", I bought, have, and own it. I think it's an amazing, history, and collector's one.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I bit the bullet today and ordered the set of 3 tourbooks!

....and also 2 t-shirts.

I will probably get stiffed for customs duty when they arrive but I don't care - they look cool!

• Like 2

well if you buy the 3 books together, the price per book averages out to be lower than, not higher than the recent programs. and have you seen one of them? I don’t know yet that equipment lists, etc., will not be included. do you?

At some point these will be bought and posted online so I guess we;ll find out then.

But the books are 16 pages each. The R40 book alone is 36 and all of the previous ones going back to Vapor Trails are at least 30 pages.

While I'm curious to find out what they look like, I'm not going to pay a premium for the privilege of finding out. Of course, you're mileage may vary.

• Like 2

At some point these will be bought and posted online so I guess we;ll find out then.

But the books are 16 pages each. The R40 book alone is 36 and all of the previous ones going back to Vapor Trails are at least 30 pages.

While I'm curious to find out what they look like, I'm not going to pay a premium for the privilege of finding out. Of course, you're mileage may vary.

I'll review them when they arrive - how long it takes them to get to sunny N. Ireland is anyone's guess lol!!
  • Like 1

I honesty love how the material keeps emerging, and how fans are so interested in older material.

Like the huge concert numbers, there must be a demographic/consumer study somewhere of how much we are willing and wanting to keep buying stuff!

Maybe lots of bands have a dedicated fanbase that want to keep growing their libraries, but really, Rush fans must be right up there!

• Like 1

got mine the other day. WOW!! each one is really great! some rare picts i've never seen. interesting bios, too. band equipment lists. well worth the money esp. w/ the litho

I can't wait for mine to arrive!!
  • Like 1

Hooray!!! My tourbook collection arrived today along with two rather nifty t-shirts...... and ..... I wasn't stiffed by customs!!!

First impressions of the tourbooks are very positive -

- Great quality paper

- Many interesting photos

- A nice intro essay in each by Raymond Michael of the Courier Express

- Equipment lists in each tourbook

- Tour Dates

- Lithograph of the Fly By Night tourbook cover

My only minor gripes are that the Fly By Night tourbook is massive - 17" x 12" ... not sure how I am gonna store it!

Also the Rush tourbook has no photos and little mention of John Rutsey - somewhat mean considering he took part in the tour up until 25th July.

Those aside, these were well worth the investment!

• Like 2

Just sussed out how to add pictures - here are the goodies!

https://photos.googl...hjilMhTXJSsEsTB

https://photos.googl...sdvaJzRYWJMoqGB

https://photos.googl...CcpAJGQzWR9RT3n

https://photos.googl...dTz20rixPvUkk2Y

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

well i certainly didn't expect the opening essays. they're very interesting.. dont' know where and how they were found

They are certainly a nice addition to any Rush collection - I am more than pleased with them.

Hooray!!! My tourbook collection arrived today along with two rather nifty t-shirts...... and ..... I wasn't stiffed by customs!!!

First impressions of the tourbooks are very positive -

- Great quality paper

- Many interesting photos

- A nice intro essay in each by Raymond Michael of the Courier Express

- Equipment lists in each tourbook

- Tour Dates

- Lithograph of the Fly By Night tourbook cover

My only minor gripes are that the Fly By Night tourbook is massive - 17" x 12" ... not sure how I am gonna store it!

Also the Rush tourbook has no photos and little mention of John Rutsey - somewhat mean considering he took part in the tour up until 25th July.

Those aside, these were well worth the investment!

Rutsey wasn't on the first major label tour(which began 8/14/74) so that's understandable.

How long are the essays and are the equipment lists written in Geddy's and Alex's own words?

• Like 1

the essay in the first album tourbook seems to be the shortest. probably less than a thousand words. the other two are longer, probably closer to twelve or thirteen hundred words. interesting note in the caress tourbook that said they were gonna shoot a video for lakeside park. anyone here know anything about that?
  • Like 2