Guys... I might have COVID-19. I am scared.

_hi_water._

Two co-workers in the bakery at my Sam's Club just tested positive. The entire bakery crew is under quarantine.

We're all getting test kits shipped to us. I'm actually happy to do a test, as it will tell me one way or another. To date, I've never had any symptoms.

I work in the back of the store - in Receiving & Claims - so I’m much more isolated than everyone else. I had a nasty run-in with the flu in February, and my coworker in Receiving was sick two weeks ago (not covid). So far, so good. I don’t let it scare me.

OK, so my coworker in Receiving is in quarantine for two weeks. His wife, who also works here part-time, tested positive. I get to do both jobs, unless some managers come back to help out (which is not guaranteed).

Living the dream, I am!

Alright everyone, time for the report..

Tested negative.

Wow... I am quite lucky. Thanks for all the support everyone, because I was a lil stressed.

Very glad to hear this. Just seeing this thread for the first time this evening.

Just saw this. Yikes!

Keep on...keeping on :) Very happy to also see you seem to be in the clear :)

According to the CDC and whatever else (they are credible, right?), having some chest/abdominal pain (which hurts) is a sign of COVID-19... and my nose has been a tiny bit stuffed but not too badly...

Hmmm, should I test again?

I don't remember going anywhere besides last month that was considered an exposure site.

Hope I didn't fall into the traps again :unsure:

Edited by _hi_water._
  • Like 1

According to the CDC and whatever else (they are credible, right?), having some chest/abdominal pain (which hurts) is a sign of COVID-19... and my nose has been a tiny bit stuffed but not too badly...

I don't remember going anywhere besides last month that was considered an exposure site.

Honestly? I think it's really sad what they've done to people.

My advice is to live your life. It goes by fast. Stop obsessing and start living. It's a given you will die someday of something. Don't hasten it by adding more stress.

• Like 1

Eat any shellfish lately? Serious question.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 1

Eat any shellfish lately?

no

no

Any chest or abdominal pain over 3 days, I'd go see a physician.

no

I think it's either COVID or the fact I have been overeating my whole life. My body has somehow built up an immunity to all of that f**king food I ate, and now my stomach is crying for help

no

I think it's either COVID or the fact I have been overeating my whole life. My body has somehow built up an immunity to all of that f**king food I ate, and now my stomach is crying for help

And you have chest pain? Go see a doctor.

My advice is to live your life. It goes by fast. Stop obsessing and start living. It's a given you will die someday of something. Don't hasten it by adding more stress.

What do you think “they’ve done to people”?

But how exactly are you supposed to start living your life when there's a global pandemic and things aren't open or if they are, there's restrictions on what you can do? Don't tell people to start living their lives when we're not even allowed in the grocery stores right now without a face mask. Things are currently not normal and it's kind of hard for people to live their lives like they usually do.

• Like 1

Made them paranoid.

But how exactly are you supposed to start living your life when there's a global pandemic and things aren't open or if they are, there's restrictions on what you can do? Don't tell people to start living their lives when we're not even allowed in the grocery stores right now without a face mask. Things are currently not normal and it's kind of hard for people to live their lives like they usually do.

It's not like that everywhere. In Idaho, we live life normally.

It's not like that everywhere. In Idaho, we live life normally.

You're lucky to be living in a rural area. Bars and restaurants got to close at 10pm around here because of the virus. If you go into the grocery store, Target, Walmart, Home Depot, etc. you'll be kicked out if you don't have a mask on.

Made them paranoid.

Well, you don’t seem paranoid. And I know I’m not. And we’re people too so I don’t think they’ve “done” anything other than broadcast some info / data. Reactions vary.

Problem is, the store can often be packed, so it's hard to distance.

Where do you live that is allowing a grocery store to be so packed with people right now that you can't keep a distance?

You should come down here. Wall to wall people and almost no one wearing masks.

If I came in contact with someone infected, I wouldn't even begin to know how to get tested yet everyone here seems to get them on demand somehow. Tested every month? I have never been tested once.