Guys... I might have COVID-19. I am scared.

_hi_water._

I was at my local grocery store on October 11, just casually getting stuff.

But this morning, I found out on my local news that COVID-19 came around the store that same day, and during the time I was there.

I am not showing symptoms, but I will have to report back when I have symptoms or get tested.

Love everyone here.

I was at my local grocery store on October 11, just casually getting stuff.

But this morning, I found out on my local news that COVID-19 came around the store that same day, and during the time I was there.

I am not showing symptoms, but I will have to report back when I have symptoms or get tested.

Love everyone here.

:hug2: I hope you are ok! Do you have a thermometer or know a place you can get one? When my daughter was exposed at work, her Dr. wanted to know if she had a fever above 100. Also, if you had a mask on, that limits your exposure. They are not perfect, but there are studies that show that they cut the "viral load" you are exposed to. People exposed to a smaller viral load correspond with those that have milder cases.

It sounds like a creepy situation but the odds are you will be fine. Here's hoping! My thoughts are with you.

Here is a page from PA dept of health that tells some information about what to do if you have symptoms. https://www.health.p...ms-Testing.aspx

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Shit dude - hang in there, you will be fine.

Did someone get infected at the store the day you were there? Or did someone *report* that they were infected at the store that day?

Was it an employee or a customer?

Was it multiple people who became infected?

• Like 1

Shit dude - hang in there, you will be fine.

Did someone get infected at the store the day you were there? Or did someone *report* that they were infected at the store that day?

Was it an employee or a customer?

Was it multiple people who became infected?

I haven't gotten any info on that yet. But I went to the store on Oct 11, and at 11am. The exposure was there on Oct 11 at 10am - 12pm. I will have to get tested anyways. Wish me luck.

While the virus is something we need to be concerned about and take the necessary measures to prevent the spread. Just keep in mind that the number of people who are not getting sick from it vastly outnumbers the ones who are. Plus, if you were wearing a mask while in the store like everyone should be and you weren't in there for too long, odds are nothing will happen.

All of us have probably been closer to someone who does have it or did have it at some point already if we've been out shopping at all during this. Could you have passed close enough to someone in the grocery store who was infected and catch it from them? Sure, but you would have had to pass pretty close to them to have any kind of major exposure. I don't know about you but I tend not to get uncomfortably close to strangers in the supermarket.

Perhaps you should get yourself tested just to ease your mind. Being in a building that was confirmed to have it while you were there seems like a good enough reason to get tested.

• Like 4

While the virus is something we need to be concerned about and take the necessary measures to prevent the spread. Just keep in mind that the number of people who are not getting sick from it vastly outnumbers the ones who are. Plus, if you were wearing a mask while in the store like everyone should be and you weren't in there for too long, odds are nothing will happen.

All of us have probably been closer to someone who does have it or did have it at some point already if we've been out shopping at all during this. Could you have passed close enough to someone in the grocery store who was infected and catch it from them? Sure, but you would have had to pass pretty close to them to have any kind of major exposure. I don't know about you but I tend not to get uncomfortably close to strangers in the supermarket.

Perhaps you should get yourself tested just to ease your mind. Being in a building that was confirmed to have it while you were there seems like a good enough reason to get tested.

:goodone:

Problem is, the store can often be packed, so it's hard to distance.

But yeah, there's always that chance that you passed someone infected.

• Like 1

Two co-workers in the bakery at my Sam's Club just tested positive. The entire bakery crew is under quarantine.

We're all getting test kits shipped to us. I'm actually happy to do a test, as it will tell me one way or another. To date, I've never had any symptoms.

• Like 3

Shouldn't this be a poll?

I might have Covid and I'm so scared that...

1: I could cry.

2: I might be seeing Eddie soon.

3: I'll remain calm, get tested and go from there.

4: I'm giving all my VHS tapes away.

5: I'll profess my love to Treeduck

6: I'll steal Lorraine's profile picture, so I can have my own gif.

7: I will not blame the the past, present or future administrations for it.

8: I will get better, if I have it, and go on enjoying my life.

9: I will not over react.

10: I will confess, I really don't "get" Rush or their fans.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously, hope all is well and that you select option 3..remain calm and get tested.

giphy.gif

• Like 7

Where do you live that is allowing a grocery store to be so packed with people right now that you can't keep a distance?
  • Like 1

Where do you live that is allowing a grocery store to be so packed with people right now that you can't keep a distance?

Michigan.

I mentioned this in another thread.

a relative in my family got it. 79 years old. Super tired for 2 weeks, but managed to get outside and go for walks every day.

Symptoms of lethargy and coughing gone after 14 days. But tested positive for months afterward.

Weird thing - the wife did not get it. They spend all day and night together. No masks in the house or anything.

So - if you were following safety protocols at the grocery store - chances are nil that you'll get it.

• Like 1

So - if you were following safety protocols at the grocery store - chances are nil that you'll get it.

I wear masks, and try to social distance, but some people are too uncomfortably close to me for no reason, whether I am looking or not.

I wear masks, and try to social distance, but some people are too uncomfortably close to me for no reason, whether I am looking or not.

If too many people are an issue than try shopping early in the morning or later at night when their might not be as crowded. Even before the pandemic I never got to close to people in the store. If someone was looking for something in a spot I wanted to get to, I always waited until they moved before I would go over. I believe you should always give people some personal space in public. Especially if you don't know who they are. I know not everyone operates that way though.

• Like 1

If too many people are an issue than try shopping early in the morning or later at night when their might not be as crowded. Even before the pandemic I never got to close to people in the store. If someone was looking for something in a spot I wanted to get to, I always waited until they moved before I would go over. I believe you should always give people some personal space in public. Especially if you don't know who they are. I know not everyone operates that way though.

That's the thing. I try different times, but everyone seems to have the same idea: go early or late Edited by _hi_water._

You can only do so much, and it sounds like you’ve been doing what you can. No need to worry at this point.

I have no choice but to take crowded trains every day. Social distancing on some of them comes down to literally 2-3cm. Sometimes negative social distance since our bodies are sometimes pressed against each other. Can’t take an earlier or later train because it’d be the same thing. Luckily, nearly everyone wears a mask (although some don’t wear them properly, anyway).

Masks, hand washing, hand sanitizer, & social distance as much as possible. We’ve all heard this before no matter what country we reside...what else can we do? Oh yeah, don’t panic.

• Like 4

The stores around here have markers on the floor at the registers to help with distancing. But as far as I know there are no restrictions as to how many people can be in the grocery stores or places like Target, Walmart or Home Depot at one time. The only thing that will prevent you from entering is not wearing a mask. I suppose if it gets too crowded they might do something but so far I haven't been anywhere since March that I would consider too crowded.

Two co-workers in the bakery at my Sam's Club just tested positive. The entire bakery crew is under quarantine.

We're all getting test kits shipped to us. I'm actually happy to do a test, as it will tell me one way or another. To date, I've never had any symptoms.

I work in the back of the store - in Receiving & Claims - so I’m much more isolated than everyone else. I had a nasty run-in with the flu in February, and my coworker in Receiving was sick two weeks ago (not covid). So far, so good. I don’t let it scare me.

• Like 1

Alright everyone, time for the report..

Tested negative.

Wow... I am quite lucky. Thanks for all the support everyone, because I was a lil stressed.

• Like 8