Power Windows demo

Rod in Toronto

Maybe this was discussed here before, but I just found this on YouTube:

It's amazing how Alex's guitar was much more in the forefront as it is on the album. And The Big Money sounded more like a Police song when it was written. I loved listening to this!!!!

• Like 4

I've seen, and listened to it. I like it a lot.
  • Like 2

One thing I noticed is how much more prominent Al's guitar is throughout, but on the solos he's a lot more restrained here. It almost seems like the solo spots were just "placeholders" for his actual solos, which he wrote in the studio.
  • Like 1

Meh. The swirling, phased, Telecaster sound that works for Andy Summers sounded fake and contrived compared to the sharper, biting tones Alex ended up with on PW.

I like the both of them as they are, thanks.

• Like 1

One thing I noticed is how much more prominent Al's guitar is throughout, but on the solos he's a lot more restrained here. It almost seems like the solo spots were just "placeholders" for his actual solos, which he wrote in the studio.

I think that's generally true. The solo in the pre-studio live version of Tom Sawyer was just Alex noodling. Same thing for Best I Can.

• Like 2

It's quite an interesting listen. Certainly more prominent guitar and less keyboards. Keyboard sound is more like the sound on GUP.

I think the song with the most different arrangement is Manhattan Project.

• Like 4