Moving Pictures' tracks: great, good and weak?

Texas King

Moving Pictures' tracks: great, good and weak?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Which Moving Pictures' tracks are GREAT to you?

2. 2. Which Moving Pictures' tracks are GOOD to you?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs
    • none, if all tracks are great
    • all of them are good, but not great
  3. 3. Which Moving Pictures' tracks are WEAK (below average) to you?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs
    • none

This album gets the recognition it deserves. I know it's stereotypical to have Pictures at my #1 spot but, sorry, its the truth!

Yeah, every track is great, even though some suffer from over exposure at this point for me. Vital Signs and Limelight to longer to rise to greatness for me, but they eventually arrived.

I vacillate between really digging TCE and then thinking it's a bit bloated and repetitive. The keyboard motif kinda seems lame at times - like the soundtrack for an 80s dance competition.

But then I end up loving it again.

I think all is redeemed whenever Alex appears.

And NP seems to be physically hauling the song - the fills are super powerful - and the snare work at the top is great. Without that energy the song would just whither away.

Edited by chemistry1973
  • Like 2

I vacillate between really digging TCE and then thinking it's a bit bloated and repetitive. The keyboard motif kinda seems lame at times - like the soundtrack for an 80s dance competition.

But then I end up loving it again.

I think all is redeemed whenever Alex appears.

And NP seems to be physically hauling the song - the fills are super powerful - and the snare work at the top is great. Without that energy the song would just whither away.

You gotta admit, Geddy absolutely violating his Rick while Alex pulls off that legendary solo is just pure gold.

• Like 3

Nova Carmina...

Red Barchetta is the worst on Moving Pictures? Well then, you got yourself a masterpiece album! :rage:

I think Red Barchetta is a good but not great song.

Vital Signs is easily my least favorite song on MP, but I don't consider it weak.

I'm not familiar with this album. I think Rush peaked with Caress of Steel, and went downhill from there. By the time Hemispheres was released, they completely lost my interest.

HA!

(I think? I hope . . .)

• Like 1

Nova Carmina...

Red Barchetta is the worst on Moving Pictures? Well then, you got yourself a masterpiece album! :rage:

It is a masterpiece album, no doubt. And my distaste for "Red Barchetta" is relative to other Rush songs. For whatever reason, it doesn't move me. I'd sooner hear dozens of other Rush tracks instead.

Nova Carmina...

It is a masterpiece album, no doubt. And my distaste for "Red Barchetta" is relative to other Rush songs. For whatever reason, it doesn't move me. I'd sooner hear dozens of other Rush tracks instead.

I felt this way about Red Barchetta as an album track, but 21st century Red Barchetta live 21 wonderful times made me a believer :yes: Geddy's vocal struggles and all!

I'm not familiar with this album. I think Rush peaked with Caress of Steel, and went downhill from there. By the time Hemispheres was released, they completely lost my interest.

HA!

(I think? I hope . . .)

Of course HA!!

I love Moving Pictures, it's their absolute pinnacle.

• Like 1