Which replacement singer was the WORST from this list?

treeduck

Replacement Singers  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which singer replacement is the WORST from this list?

• Paul Rodgers - Queen
    • Ripper Owens - Judas Priest
    • Blaze Bayley - Iron Maiden
    • Gary Cherone - Van Halen
    • Joe Lynn Turner - Deep Purple
    • Ian Gillan - Black Sabbath
    • Graham Bonnet - Rainbow
    • AC/DC - Axl Rose
    • Arnel Pineda - Journey
    • Jon Corabi - Motley Crue
    • Phil Collins - Genesis
    • John Elefante - Kansas

Interesting choices - I've narrowed it to 3 -

Bayley - Maiden's lowest period - I despaired at the time!

Rose - totally wrong fit for AC/DC

Pineda - Karaoke singer whose appeal wore off mighty quickly

I have to choose Bayley although Pineda does make me ill listening to him.

I have to say Blaze Bayley. He was terrific in Wolfsbane, but a bad choice for Maiden. X Factor would have really been closer to greatness with Dickinson or a singer of that calibre, even though the material itself wasn't totally top shelf Maiden.

Blaze Bailey. sounds like your drunk uncle at a wedding.

Not listed-that guy who joined Led Zeppelin and changed the name to greta Van Fleet. not cool man. sounds like a cat lit on fire in a sack. :laughing guy:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 2

I picked the Kansas guy solely because I don't like that band. Bayley is clearly the least talented of the ones who played in bands I do like. Followed by Corabi.

Cherone wasn't the problem with VH3. The songs aren't that good. Cherone himself was fine.

I agree with all that, except the Kansas part, I really like the Elefante era.

I picked the Kansas guy solely because I don't like that band. Bayley is clearly the least talented of the ones who played in bands I do like. Followed by Corabi.

Cherone wasn't the problem with VH3. The songs aren't that good. Cherone himself was fine.

Cherone can sing for sure. He just didn't fit Van Halen....at all. He looked awkward and forced live imo. He really wasn't the front man for Van Halen.

Not on this list:

Any of the replacement singers for Jon Anderson.

^This. Pay up, the rest of you, you all lose.

The guy, whoever's he was, was fine when I saw the band. For me, a Yes concert is mostly about watching Howe, which was mesmerizing.
  • Like 1

I don't know half these TD so I'm bowing out...doesn't Blaze get 100% hate from Maiden fans though?

You don't know them? Most of them are household names!

Well of course I know most of them, just the music they're associated with :ph34r:

I don't know half these TD so I'm bowing out...doesn't Blaze get 100% hate from Maiden fans though?

Well of course I know most of them, just the music they're associated with :ph34r:

Right!

The Kansas albums are something you should explore!

I never cared for Axl in GNR, but I gotta admit that I thought he sounded decent on the live AC/DC gigs I heard. Especially stuff from the Bon era, from which they even resurrected some vintage tunes that I've never heard Brian sing.

Voted Blaze. I'm not familiar enough with some of those singers to have an opinion of them, but none could be worse than Blaze. He made Maiden completely irrelevant during his years. No idea what Harris was thinking.

Edited by TexMike
  • Like 2

I was going to go with Brian Johnson! Wow Pat. Biased replacement list for you? I know you love "Flick Of The Switch." Yuck!

No Sammy Hagar either? Killing me Patrick.

That only leaves the one on that list I can't fuckking stand. Even my dad thinks he's a joke. We both left Journey early a few years ago. ARNEL!!! VOMIT!

• Like 1

I never cared for Axl in GNR, but I gotta admit that I thought he sounded decent on the live AC/DC gigs I heard. Especially stuff from the Bon era, from which they even resurrected some vintage tunes that I've never heard Brian sing.

Voted Blaze. I'm not familiar enough with some of those singers to have an opinion of them, but none could be worse than Blaze. He made Maiden completely irrelevant during his years. No idea what Harris was thinking.

Mike! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! I can't believe Pat put down Axl over Brian. I think Pat is slipping in his old age!!!!! Axl blows Brian Johnson away!!!!! Oh and to top it off, when Axl was in the band they focused more on a "Bon Scott" friendly set list!

Pat for the first time in my fourteen years on here....... YOU FAIL! LOL!

• Like 1

Glad there is one other smart person here who picked Arnel. I mean good for him. It's a great story and I hope he makes millions of dollars. But really? He's terrible. Steve Augeri and Jeff Scott Soto are better!!!

I've seen ever vocalist MK version of Journey.

Funny how first three albums by Journey without Perry are the BEST!!!! DUH!

With Bruce, Iron Maiden fill arenas and stadiums. They headline festivals in both Europe and South America that draw hundreds of thousands of people. With Blaze they played clubs, theaters and half filled arenas. Has there ever been a change in vocalists that caused such an immediate drop in a bands relevancy than that one? That's one of the many reasons he's the worst replacement singer of all time.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

I was going to go with Brian Johnson! Wow Pat. Biased replacement list for you? I know you love "Flick Of The Switch." Yuck!

No Sammy Hagar either? Killing me Patrick.

That only leaves the one on that list I can't fuckking stand. Even my dad thinks he's a joke. We both left Journey early a few years ago. ARNEL!!! VOMIT!

Cherone was worse in Van Halen than Sammy Earl, and that's all there is to it.

Mike! YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! I can't believe Pat put down Axl over Brian. I think Pat is slipping in his old age!!!!! Axl blows Brian Johnson away!!!!! Oh and to top it off, when Axl was in the band they focused more on a "Bon Scott" friendly set list!

Pat for the first time in my fourteen years on here....... YOU FAIL! LOL!

You should know by now I hate GnR and Axl has always sounded like a scalded cat!