Which replacement singer was the WORST from this list?

treeduck

Replacement Singers  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which singer replacement is the WORST from this list?

• Paul Rodgers - Queen
    • Ripper Owens - Judas Priest
    • Blaze Bayley - Iron Maiden
    • Gary Cherone - Van Halen
    • Joe Lynn Turner - Deep Purple
    • Ian Gillan - Black Sabbath
    • Graham Bonnet - Rainbow
    • AC/DC - Axl Rose
    • Arnel Pineda - Journey
    • Jon Corabi - Motley Crue
    • Phil Collins - Genesis
    • John Elefante - Kansas

I like how Kansas were able to get 2 singers without Walsh who both sound relatively similar to Walsh, no big differences in either of their voices.

Axl doesn't belong in AC/DC. Just the concept doesnt sound right.

• Like 1

Todd LaTorre of Queensrÿche

I was going to put him in but I didn't think it really mattered at this point as Queensryche had already fallen far, album after album for years, with Tate still in the band.

I'm surprised Gary isn't getting more votes, but I suppose Van Halen III's unpopularity isn't all his fault.

I haven’t voted yet.

The popularity thing doesn’t matter to me as it only matters who I think was the worst replacement.

Yeah different people have different criteria.

Todd LaTorre of Queensrÿche

I don't think he's a bad singer at all. Tate was only part of the problem with Queensryche. Without Degarmo the band is just generic. It doesn't matter who the singer is when the guy who was the main creative force of the band is no longer there.

• Like 3

I'm surprised Gary isn't getting more votes, but I suppose Van Halen III's unpopularity isn't all his fault.

I haven’t voted yet.

The popularity thing doesn’t matter to me as it only matters who I think was the worst replacement.

It’s interesting because I swear TRF was pro-Axl singing in ACDC when that happened - “A good fit given the vocals needed etc” or something akin to those comments. Now, he’s winning this poll.

I haven’t voted yet.

It’s interesting because I swear TRF was pro-Axl singing in ACDC when that happened - “A good fit given the vocals needed etc” or something akin to those comments. Now, he’s winning this poll.

Well it wasn't me!

I have to go with Bayley because he's probably the worst singer out of the bunch, and it makes no sense that they chose him because it wasn't like he was a name, he was a total unknown. He's not even a Bruce clone, and in fact his voice is totally the opposite of Dickinson's. Edited by treeduck

Arnel Pineda.

Bleaghggg

Clones!

Should’ve kicked out Jonathan Cain and brought back Greg Rollie to do all the vocals if Perry was out. Back to a 4 person band, okay.

I know it was too impossible to have happened but it would’ve been better than bringing in a karaoke clone.

• Like 1

Arnel Pineda.

Bleaghggg

Clones!

Should’ve kicked out Jonathan Cain and brought back Greg Rollie to do all the vocals if Perry was out. Back to a 4 person band, okay.

I know it was too impossible to have happened but it would’ve been better than bringing in a karaoke clone.

Cain is too tight with Schon, as we can see with the latest shenanigans with the Schon and Cain vs Smith and Valery lawsuit.

• Like 1

Take a look at the latest Journey line-up, it's a confused mess, and I presume that if Smith and Valery win the lawsuit they stay in the band even though they got fired by Schon!

Current members

Neal Schon – lead guitar, backing vocals (1973–1987, 1991, 1995–present)

Ross Valory‡ – bass, backing vocals (1973–1985, 1995–present)

Steve Smith‡ – drums (1979-1986, 1995-1996, 2015–present)

Jonathan Cain – keyboards, backing vocals, rhythm guitar, harmonica (1980–1987, 1991, 1995–present)

Randy Jackson‡ – bass, backing vocals (1985–1987, 2020–present)

Arnel Pineda – lead vocals (2007–present)

Jason Derlatka – keyboards, backing vocals (2020–present)

Narada Michael Walden‡ – drums (2020–present)

‡Pending resolution of lawsuit.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Take a look at the latest Journey line-up, it's a confused mess, and I presume that if Smith and Valery win the lawsuit they stay in the band even though they got fired by Schon!

Current members

Jonathan Cain – keyboards, backing vocals, rhythm guitar, harmonica (1980–1987, 1991, 1995–present)

Randy Jackson is back and now there are two keyboard players?!

Current members

I don't know what's going on, but yeah Randy is back. He was pretty good in the Raised on Radio era, good bass player and backing vocalist.

Current members

I don't know what's going on, but yeah Randy is back. He was pretty good in the Raised on Radio era, good bass player and backing vocalist.

Yeah, the only time I saw Journey in concert was with Randy Jackson for that Raised on Radio tour. Nothing wrong with him but Journey’s been a nostalgia act for some time now. The clone is certain proof of that

I have to go with Bayley because he's probably the worst singer out of the bunch, and it makes no sense that they chose him because it wasn't like he was a name, he was a total unknown. He's not even a Bruce clone, and in fact his voice is totally the opposite of Dickinson's.

He probably wins because the drop is the greatest, especially given the height of Dickinson

Current members

Schon runs the show .... 'my band so do what I say'. Pineda is just a kid from nowhere .... Schon has him in his pocket.

Jeff Scott Soto lasted about 5 minutes... too much charisma and a mind of his own - a threat to Schon.

I saw them live with JSS - for once they were a band with balls.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1