Disney vs. Paramount

_hi_water._

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which Company Do You Like Better In Terms Of Movies?

• Disney (Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars)
    • Paramount Pictures
  2. 2. Favorite of these popular Paramount movies?

• Forrest Gump
    • Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    • Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom
    • Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade
    • The Godfather
    • The Godfather Part II
    • Titanic
    • The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie
    • Top Gun
    • Fatal Attraction
    • Star Trek
    • Star Trek Into Darkness
    • Braveheart
    • Ordinary People
    • Terms Of Endearment
  3. 3. Favorite of these popular Disney movies?

• The Lion King
    • Toy Story
    • Beauty And The Beast
    • Star Wars IV: A New Hope
    • Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Aladdin
    • The Incredibles
    • Mulan
    • The Nightmare Before Christmas
    • Frozen
    • The Avengers
    • Avengers: Infinity War
    • Avengers: Endgame
    • Black Panther
    • Up

The Melrose studio, no contest. Disney thinks they can own everything. Screw them for that and for disbanding edgier Touchstone movies and sanitizing 20th Century "Studios." Paramount has their share of pointless nostalgia remakes (I'm looking at you, Footloose!) but Disney is just pathetic lately. I'm a huge F13 fanboy so I'm going with Paramount anyways. Worth noting that Paramount owns libraries of pre 2011 Dreamworks, Carolco, Cannon and, as of last year, Miramax. Thankfully, Harvey the rapist hasn't owned the latter since the mid 00s.

Universal is my favorite overall.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

Weird list -

Disney didn't produce those earlier Star Wars films.

And Paramount made Star Trek 2, which is not listed -- one of the best Sci Fi films ever made.

Ironically, they own them now after buying Fox.

watch Disney buy Universal, Gullane, Illumination, Dreamworks and Paramount next

Weird list -

Disney didn't produce those earlier Star Wars films.

And Paramount made Star Trek 2, which is not listed -- one of the best Sci Fi films ever made.

Ironically, they own them now after buying Fox.

watch Disney buy Universal, Gullane, Illumination, Dreamworks and Paramount next

Or Sony just so they can have Spider Man.

• Like 1

Star Trek Into Darkness needs to be listed there like dog shit does on a restaurant menu.

Disney serves some really great pizza from time to time.

Paramount at their best serves memorable ten course meals.

:blaze:

Transformers franchise is the broccoli pizza of Paramount. I've seen the first 3 on Rifftrax so I can judge.

Star Trek Into Darkness needs to be listed there like dog shit does on a restaurant menu.

Transformers franchise is the broccoli pizza of Paramount. I've seen the first 3 on Rifftrax so I can judge.

I don't like Transformers tbh

They get progressively worse. I haven't seen the Marky Mark ones since they're not riffed yet. The closest thing to any bright spot of the movies is John Turturro's presence in the movies. He's even good in some of Sandler's comedies like Buscemi.

They get progressively worse. I haven't seen the Marky Mark ones since they're not riffed yet. The closest thing to any bright spot of the movies is John Turturro's presence in the movies. He's even good in some of Sandler's comedies like Buscemi.

Turturro didn’t matter. I like him in other movies but it didn’t matter with the Transformers flicks

I really liked the Bumblebee one!

Not sure it's fair to list the SW original trilogy under Disney. The only thing Disney accomplished with those films was buying them.

I really liked the Bumblebee one!

I've heard it's the one good one of the series especially since Bay isn't behind the camera.

At least one of the Eddie Murphy comedies should be on the poll. Distinguished Gentleman aside, by Disney's Hollywood division oddly enough, every movie he made was for Paramount until Nutty Professor for Universal. The original was made by Paramount as well. He was to that studio what Eastwood is to Warner.

The Melrose studio, no contest. Disney thinks they can own everything. Screw them for that and for disbanding edgier Touchstone movies and sanitizing 20th Century "Studios." Paramount has their share of pointless nostalgia remakes (I'm looking at you, Footloose!) but Disney is just pathetic lately. I'm a huge F13 fanboy so I'm going with Paramount anyways. Worth noting that Paramount owns libraries of pre 2011 Dreamworks, Carolco, Cannon and, as of last year, Miramax. Thankfully, Harvey the rapist hasn't owned the latter since the mid 00s.

The remake of Footloose is better.

I see John Lithgow has spoken. :LOL:

The soundtrack is better, though. How could anyone prefer Blake Shelton over Kenny Loggins, Bonnie Tyler, Ann Wilson/Mike Reno, Deniece Williams and Shalamar? So much child nostalgia from those songs.

heP6cHS.gif

• Like 1

I see John Lithgow has spoken. :LOL:

The soundtrack is better, though. How could anyone prefer Blake Shelton over Kenny Loggins, Bonnie Tyler, Ann Wilson/Mike Reno, Deniece Williams and Shalamar? So much child nostalgia from those songs.

heP6cHS.gif

Shalamar! That was Dancin' in the Sheets, wasn't it? :LOL: