Dead Daisies with Glenn Hughes another Black Country Communion

treeduck

It's Doug Aldrich instead of Joseph Bonamassa and Deen Castronovo instead of Jason Bonham but it's really a Black Country Communion Cousin, even the album cover and video animation has the BCC crow emblem.

tddbnf.jpg

• Like 3

I'm bummed Pat. I went to buy the Japanese cd pressing just now and it doesn't come out until January!!! UGH!

Yeah and they recorded it about 12 months ago. I watched the videos where they show the band recording in this mansion studio in France.

What's the deal with the millionaire Aussie nobody in the band though? Did he buy himself a band and a spot in it? Rod calls him the Richard Branson of rock, he can pay but he can't play!

• Like 3

I'm bummed Pat. I went to buy the Japanese cd pressing just now and it doesn't come out until January!!! UGH!

Yeah and they recorded it about 12 months ago. I watched the videos where they show the band recording in this mansion studio in France.

What's the deal with the millionaire Aussie nobody in the band though? Did he buy himself a band and a spot in it? Rod calls him the Richard Branson of rock, he can pay but he can't play!

I didn't know that dude! That's fukking WEAK! It's all about the money buddy. Perhaps he can finance the album so the band doesn't have to sell their soul to that shit record company FRONTIERS!

• Like 2

I didn't know that dude! That's fukking WEAK! It's all about the money buddy. Perhaps he can finance the album so the band doesn't have to sell their soul to that shit record company FRONTIERS!

Yeah I doubt most bands would be prepared to shell out for whatever it cost for that French mansion. He probably opened up his wallet and bingo off they went.

I should post the videos in here, he looks like David St Hubbins, but he's not funny.

• Like 1

WOW!! Thanks for posting all of this Pat!!

No probs Earl. I was meaning to start a Dead Daisies thread ever since Glenn Hughes and Deen joined the band.

I have one of their other albums from 2016 with Jon Corabi but it sucks. I hate Corabi's voice, singing style and vocal melodies, and the songs are shit. I had high hopes with Doug Aldrich in the band but even he doesn't seem to step up, it's a meh performance from Doug. I could only stand to listen to it about 3 times. It's so bad that even when Glenn joined the band it took me months to dredge up the interest in it. Castronovo is another great upgrade too over Brian Titchy.

• Like 1

No probs Earl. I was meaning to start a Dead Daisies thread ever since Glenn Hughes and Deen joined the band.

I have one of their other albums from 2016 with Jon Corabi but it sucks. I hate Corabi's voice, singing style and vocal melodies, and the songs are shit. I had high hopes with Doug Aldrich in the band but even he doesn't seem to step up, it's a meh performance from Doug. I could only stand to listen to it about 3 times. It's so bad that even when Glenn joined the band it took me months to dredge up the interest in it. Castronovo is another great upgrade too over Brian Titchy.

I think the new lineup in a lot ways is a natural move -

- I saw Aldrich play with Glenn Hughes in 2015 in The Limelight Belfast. They worked well together. (We were front row in front of Aldrich - deaf for a week!)

- I then saw Aldrich with the Dead Daisies (Corabi on vocals) in 2016 again in The Limelight Belfast and he slotted in nicely.

- So it's a kinda natural progression that Glenn Hughes joins the Daisies. (For how long is anyone's guess - he has itchy feet!)

Bonamassa was good but I think Aldrich is a more natural metal guitarist and is a better fit.

Castronovo is a great acquisition - a fine drummer

It's a pity Mendoza is no longer with them - he is a super bass player and backing vocalist

I can't really say much against David Lowy - he is now the only constant member and probably payrolls the band, so fair play to him. Technically it is probably 'his' band.

By the way Aldrich is a really nice guy - we met him in Vegas (he was playing in the Raiding The Rock Vault Show) and he spent a bunch of time chatting and letting us take pictures. Met him again in Belfast and again he couldn't have been more friendly.

• Like 3

- I saw Aldrich play with Glenn Hughes in 2015 in The Limelight Belfast. They worked well together. (We were front row in front of Aldrich - deaf for a week!)

- I then saw Aldrich with the Dead Daisies (Corabi on vocals) in 2016 again in The Limelight Belfast and he slotted in nicely.

- So it's a kinda natural progression that Glenn Hughes joins the Daisies. (For how long is anyone's guess - he has itchy feet!)

Bonamassa was good but I think Aldrich is a more natural metal guitarist and is a better fit.

It's a pity Mendoza is no longer with them - he is a super bass player and backing vocalist

I can't really say much against David Lowy - he is now the only constant member and probably payrolls the band, so fair play to him. Technically it is probably 'his' band.

By the way Aldrich is a really nice guy - we met him in Vegas (he was playing in the Raiding The Rock Vault Show) and he spent a bunch of time chatting and letting us take pictures. Met him again in Belfast and again he couldn't have been more friendly.

Well with Glenn being a bass player they don't really need Marco, and Castronovo is also a great singer too, so if backing vocals are required he's right there. Here's a few bits of him:

• Like 1

Well with Glenn being a bass player they don't really need Marco, and Castronovo is also a great singer too, so if backing vocals are required he's right there. Here's a few bits of him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrF1WMe-ysk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-nzo0MrMdw

True, he is no longer required, but he was good while he was needed lol! Looking forward to the new album when it comes out.

(Just veering off thread slightly, I got a digital copy of the new Blue Oyster Cult album last night - it will be on the Saturday beer 'n' music jukebox tomorrow!! :hail: :7up: :haz: :guitar: ... you need to imagine the last emoji without the actual guitar!)

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrF1WMe-ysk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-nzo0MrMdw

True, he is no longer required, but he was good while he was needed lol! Looking forward to the new album when it comes out.

(Just veering off thread slightly, I got a digital copy of the new Blue Oyster Cult album last night - it will be on the Saturday beer 'n' music jukebox tomorrow!! :hail: :7up: :haz: :guitar: ... you need to imagine the last emoji without the actual guitar!)

Nice!

• Like 1

This band is vey much David Lowy's brainchild, and he has these musicians on a contract. That's why the band is such a revolving door: as soon as the contract ends, they leave. I saw them live, and the show is great. But what they do in the studio sounds way too generic for me.

About Doug: I also saw him with Glenn, and took a picture with him and chatted for a while. This was in 2015, and years later I interviewed him twice: once talking about his band Burning Rain, and the other talking about The Dead Daisies just when they announced that Glenn was joining. Such a nice dude!!!

Deen has a great set of pipes. I love what he did in Revolution Saints, and he can sing Journey songs quite well too. I think when Jeff Scott Soto was in journey, he was the one helping out with the high end, while Soto handled the low register stuff. But I get a feeling that he's still on drugs, because he's always agitated and seems to be in another planet. Good drummer though, I first heard his work on the Cacophony album, with Marty Friedman and Jason Becker.

• Like 2

This band is vey much David Lowy's brainchild, and he has these musicians on a contract. That's why the band is such a revolving door: as soon as the contract ends, they leave. I saw them live, and the show is great. But what they do in the studio sounds way too generic for me.

About Doug: I also saw him with Glenn, and took a picture with him and chatted for a while. This was in 2015, and years later I interviewed him twice: once talking about his band Burning Rain, and the other talking about The Dead Daisies just when they announced that Glenn was joining. Such a nice dude!!!

Deen has a great set of pipes. I love what he did in Revolution Saints, and he can sing Journey songs quite well too. I think when Jeff Scott Soto was in journey, he was the one helping out with the high end, while Soto handled the low register stuff. But I get a feeling that he's still on drugs, because he's always agitated and seems to be in another planet. Good drummer though, I first heard his work on the Cacophony album, with Marty Friedman and Jason Becker.

I first heard of him just before that on the second Tony Macalpine album Maximum Security in 1987, and then Marty Friedman and later with Bad English and Hardline.

• Like 1

Saw them live a couple of years back and they were great. The albums are just so-so though.

Jonny! You kill my soul. Of course you saw them live!!! No one comes over to North America anymore.

You lucky bastard!!

Love you buddy!!!!

• Like 1