New AC/DC album "Power Up"?

treeduck

I've still never heard either Black Ice or Rock or Bust. And Black Ice was twelve years ago.

You're not missing much.

Confirmed, for Black Ice anyway.

I prefer Rock or Bust. Short and sweet. Multiple listens required.

After some of the previous AC/DC studio releases, what they did to Brian Johnson before they were able to get him back in the band, and group, and having Axl Rose as a lead singer, while Brian was recovering from his hearing problems, I'm not listening to AC/DC's latest c.d., and album called "Power Up". Edited by Derek19

Tempo shouldn't dictate whether you like a song or not.

m'kay

Play this at half speed and tell me if it still sounds like a classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56qyILcZZuY

Edited by goose

m'kay

What's the tempo of Subdivsions? Mid-tempo, I never once thought about it either. Good is good.

What's the tempo of Losing it? And New World Man? Countdown? Chemistry? Most of the songs on Signals are mid-tempo. So by your criteria they all suck.

m'kay

What's the tempo of Subdivsions? Mid-tempo, I never once thought about it either. Good is good.

What's the tempo of Losing it? And New World Man? Countdown? Chemistry? Most of the songs on Signals are mid-tempo. So by your criteria they all suck.

Wrong. There are lots of other things going on in those RUSH songs to make them interesting. For Those About to Rock is slow, but has a lot going on to keep me interested. The ACDC ploddedrs are incredibly simple songs that, if given tempo, would at least deliver some energy (they are ACDC, after all).

Tempo isn't the only consideration, but for certain style, it's one of them.

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

m'kay

Wrong. There are lots of other things going on in those RUSH songs to make them interesting. For Those About to Rock is slow, but has a lot going on to keep me interested. The ACDC ploddedrs are incredibly simple songs that, if given tempo, would at least deliver some energy (they are ACDC, after all).

Tempo isn't the only consideration, but for certain style, it's one of them.

Well you were the one who mentioned tempo, you didn't mention "lots of other things going on" though, you must have forgot about that bit. So ok, now you're saying you don't like songs with slow tempo and have "nothing interesting going on", unless it's For Those About to Rock? That's what you're saying. So ok let's stick with AC/DC since these are the slow tempo songs that seem to bother you the most. Show us then some examples of AC/DC songs that have the right tempo according to you, just to make everything clear.

I LIKE IT!!!!

One of my best buddies in the world is a diehard AC/DC FREAK! He is not thrilled about this record but he is very excited to come down here to SF and see them with me!!!! I HOPE!!

He's a diehard AC/DC freak but he's not thrilled about the record? Did he not like the last one?

• Like 1

I LIKE IT!!!!

One of my best buddies in the world is a diehard AC/DC FREAK! He is not thrilled about this record but he is very excited to come down here to SF and see them with me!!!! I HOPE!!

He's a diehard AC/DC freak but he's not thrilled about the record? Did he not like the last one?

My buddy Jeff and I are the same when it comes to AC/DC. He's all about BON SCOTT too.

He thinks the riffs on the last few records are boring.

• Like 1

I LIKE IT!!!!

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

• Like 2

I LIKE IT!!!!

ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

"All work and no play makes Earl a dull boy"

Signed,

THE SHINING

• Like 2

I LIKE IT!!!!

My buddy Jeff and I are the same when it comes to AC/DC. He's all about BON SCOTT too.

I didn't like Stiff Upper Lip so much, they seemed to be toning down their sound to more of a basic rock style. Black Ice was pretty good though.

I LIKE IT!!!!

I didn't like Stiff Upper Lip so much, they seemed to be toning down their sound to more of a basic rock style. Black Ice was pretty good though.

I still the rolling bluesy style an awful lot that we hear here... but also would like a couple of higher tempo deals too, we'll see. I just got a feeling its gonna be good :)

• Like 1

OK, here we go...

220px-Black_ice_red.jpg

1. Rock n Roll Train: Classic ACDC riff, with the old Mutt Lange trick of leaving out the bass until the chorus. The song could do with a syncopated bass drum beat to add a bit more groove.

2. Skies on Fire: I like the ringing out of the guitars during the intro much more than the choked guitars in the verses. Not much here to hold my interest.

3. Big Jack: Here we go! This one's a rocker. I can imagine Bonamiling and playing maracas in the background. One of the more interesting late-career solos that Angus has put out.

4. Anything Goes: This is very similar to Big Jack in tone and tempo. Upbeat and danceable.

Halfway through and I can see why this album sold and charted like it did. The tour around the album was a huge success as well (grossing $440 million, 4th all-time!).

5. War Machine: I love the Live Wire-esque intro with the thumping bass! Great groove. Once it gets into the verses it kind of loses me a bit. Just not enough going on.

6. Smash n Grab: This slow plodder is an example of the Brian-era stuff that I really don't care for. I have no idea what he's saying, and the song structure is exactly like what seems like several dozen other side B Brian Johnson tunes. It would fit well on Blow Up Your Video.

7. Spoilin' for a Fight: This is a better...a little more up-tempo. But still...it's got the great bones of an AC/DC classic, but there's no meat.

I'm guessing the balance of the album is going to offer up more of the same, and, frankly, I'd rather spend that time giving Let There Be Rock or Powerage another listen.

:cheers:

Big Jack is my favorite. The catchy chorus just does it for me. :haz:. Most who haven't heard the album are familiar with War Machine because of Iron Man 2.

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1