You used to love this Rush song, but now it irritates you. Name it!

Weatherman

I'll go first. Two songs.

Force Ten

I loved it in the 90s, but now... blech.

Those keys are soooo trebly.

Neil underperforms in the chorus with that basic snare roll. It's probably the only drum part he ever recorded that sounds undercooked.

I read that it was the last song they recorded for HYF, and only because they needed ten songs on the album.

It feels like an afterthought.

Freewill

I loved it in the 90s. Not anymore.

A few reasons:

1) That 6/4 to 7/4 time change in the verse. That alternating extra seventh note is obnoxious and it's difficult on the ear.

2) The doubling of the guitar and bass on above. There's no dynamism, and it puts even more attention on the freaky time signature.

3) Alex's spastic solo. No structure, pacing, or melody. I grew out of that kind of shredding decades ago.

What about you?

Hand Over Fist - It doesn't necessarily irritate me now, it's just that it seems theres not as much punch to it when I hear it now, and it's a little more boring. I do still love that transition from verse to chorus. It builds and it builds and you're expecting the big drop but then it goes straight to the chorus. It's unexpected but I love it. How the song flows is so satisfying.
  • Like 1

Hand Over Fist - It doesn't necessarily irritate me now, it's just that it seems theres not as much punch to it when I hear it now, and it's a little more boring. I do still love that transition from verse to chorus. It builds and it builds and you're expecting the big drop but then it goes straight to the chorus. It's unexpected but I love it. How the song flows is so satisfying.

'Humming your favorite song, you know I've hated that song for so long' ***BAM!***

I love that part.

• Like 3

'Humming your favorite song, you know I've hated that song for so long' ***BAM!***

I love that part.

Those pinch harmonics are 2 of Alex's best ones

• Like 2

Love to irritation...that`s possible, normally from overplaying and obsessing for too long about one track. I`m tempted to say Limelight, in fact Side One of Moving Pictures. It`s its own fault because Side One`s so instantly loveable - but Side Two has the songs with more depth/layers and that helps for a long-term relationship with anything.