Marathon vs. Between the Wheels?

Texas King

Marathon vs. Between the Wheels?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Marathon vs. Between the Wheels?

"Between the Wheels" is a great song, but I've still never quite understood all the affection for it.

Lifeson's guitar work is pretty remarkable in that tune.

I wouldn't deny that at all, but we can say that about of lot of them! Even the remarkable ones have levels of relative remarkableness.

Wheels was always a weak closer for me, and It's still one that I never get all that excited about but it's not that bad of a song.

I love the entirety of PoW, so automatically Marathon takes it.

This was really hard!

Between the Wheels is much better on the whole, but since it forces me to sit through that excruciatingly awful intro section it drops below the very nice but never stellar Marathon. Marathon never annoys me and I like it.

Still, the good parts of Between the Wheels are better than any part of Marathon and it almost got my vote anyway.

For me it used to be Marathon by a mile. I used to consider BTW to be filler. Then I see them play it live on the R30 tour and that opened my eyes to the song. Now it s very, very close but I would pick Between the Wheels. Not that Marathon ever decreased in my estimation it just that BTW has come way up.

Two really very, very strong songs.