Here's my list:

The Quiet Place (2018)

Inside Out (2015)

Big Hero 6 (2014)

Pulp Fiction (1994) COME AT ME

The Dark Knight (2008) COME AT ME

Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 (2011)

Edited by _hi_water._
  • Like 1

One answer: Dances With Wolves (which I call dances with boredom). True story, I fell asleep while watching it, missed some stuff, hit rewind (VHS days), then fell asleep while it was rewinding and woke up when it clicked loudly at the beginning of the tape. Awful.
  • Like 2

I like The Dark Knight a lot, but not as much as Batman Begins. I liked Pulp Fiction at one point, but I don`t think it`s aged well - or maybe I`m less amused by QT than I was at age 20.

Pretty hard to say I can think of any overrated films as I don`t sit through anything unless I`m enjoying it. I have a big turnover of films and TV shows for this reason. Loads of films that I`ve looked forward to get stopped after 30 minutes, the most recent example being Joker. If they aren`t delivering for me, I try something else.

If I can include films I`ve seen some of and thought were horrible, then any Star Wars/LOTR/Marvel films.

Edited by IbanezJem

Parasite (yeah, I got the symbolism - got old in 10 minutes)

Manchester By The Sea (Ya like STAH TREKK??)

Crash (the one with Matt Dillon and Thandie Newton - absolutely, hilariously awful)

Lincoln (the Spielberg one)

The Irishman (a crushing disappointment)

• Like 1

If I can include films I`ve seen some of and thought were horrible, then any Star Wars/LOTR/Marvel films.

Depends which Star Wars you’re talking about. Some of them are crap imho too but aren’t overrated. 2017’s The Last Jedi and 2002’s Attack of the Clones are two of the biggest examples. Most people don’t like it and many SW fans don’t have that many good things to say about them. You can say Empire Strikes Back is overrated because many if not most people rate that very highly. You’d get a lot of disagreement (from me too) but the idea of it being overrated would make sense.

Same thing goes for the Marvel movies. With over 20 movies in their stable, some are certainly crap and some surely aren’t rated that highly which means those in particular can’t be overrated.

Crash (the one with Matt Dillon and Thandie Newton - absolutely, hilariously awful)

I’ve never even heard of Manchester by the Sea

Depends which Star Wars you’re talking about. Some of them are crap imho too but aren’t overrated. 2017’s The Last Jedi and 2002’s Attack of the Clones are two of the biggest examples. Most people don’t like it and many SW fans don’t have that many good things to say about them. You can say Empire Strikes Back is overrated because many if not most people rate that very highly. You’d get a lot of disagreement (from me too) but the idea of it being overrated would make sense.

Same thing goes for the Marvel movies. With over 20 movies in their stable, some are certainly crap and some surely aren’t rated that highly which means those in particular can’t be overrated.

I saw Attack of the Clones at cinema, my girlfriend at the time wanted to go. Honestly, what shocked me was the dialogue - I couldn`t believe it got written and acted without any kind of quality control.
  • Like 2

I saw Attack of the Clones at cinema, my girlfriend at the time wanted to go. Honestly, what shocked me was the dialogue - I couldn`t believe it got written and acted without any kind of quality control.

Yeah that was pretty bad I thought too. But this is my point - I don’t know anyone that rates it highly so how can it be overrated? The most positive comments I’ve heard from the loyalist of SW fanboys are: “It’s not THAT bad”, “It has some decent scenes”, or “It’s not as bad as (insert other SW film which they don’t really like)”.

It is truly one of the worst written movies I have ever sat through. Just awful.

• Like 1

Yeah, the other Crash (I want to say Cronenberg`s?) is a lot more entertaining and a helluva lot less self-righteous. The Irishman - I didn`t finish it, a yawnfest and the CGI stuff seemed too gimmicky. Have you seen "I`m Thinking Of Ending Things"? I can see how that might not be for everyone. Or anyone who likes their films to have any kind of logical storyline. I often watch films purely for things like cinematography and acting performances but it`s nice if there`s some kind of story to follow too.
  • Like 1

I’ve never even heard of Manchester by the Sea

• Like 1

Yeah, the other Crash (I want to say Cronenberg`s?) is a lot more entertaining and a helluva lot less self-righteous. The Irishman - I didn`t finish it, a yawnfest and the CGI stuff seemed too gimmicky. Have you seen "I`m Thinking Of Ending Things"? I can see how that might not be for everyone. Or anyone who likes their films to have any kind of logical storyline. I often watch films purely for things like cinematography and acting performances but it`s nice if there`s some kind of story to follow too.

I love Charlie Kaufman and I've heard good things - I'm going to check this one out soon.

I thought Adaptation was fantastic.

I'm the same way - for example I loved Eyes Wide Shut, as well as The Adventures of Baron Munchausen - flawed movies that are just great to watch despite any narrative issues.

Edited by chemistry1973

I love Charlie Kaufman and I've heard good things - I'm going to check this one out soon.

I`ve been meaning to watch Synecdoche, New York for a while. It`s on Amazon Prime so I`ve no excuses.
  • Like 1

I`ve been meaning to watch Synecdoche, New York for a while. It`s on Amazon Prime so I`ve no excuses.

I enjoyed it. PSH is great.

• Like 1

It is truly one of the worst written movies I have ever sat through. Just awful.

Please check this then:

Gymkata starring Olympic gymnast Kurt Thomas

http://youtu.be/HDzt-JVvYPg

The “best” scene...

http://youtu.be/cEb3PuNasFA

This isn’t an overrated movie as everyone who knows this movie knows it’s shit.

Also, this isn’t the first time I’ve posted clips of this wonderfully terrible movie. :blaze:

• Like 2

I'm the same way - for example I loved Eyes Wide Shut, as well as The Adventures of Baron Munchausen - flawed movies that are just great to watch despite any narrative issues.

Oh, well I`d always watch Kubrick or Gilliam. You don`t need even need a storyline when films look like theirs.
  • Like 1