Queen: Flash Gordon (1980) - Favorite Song?

_hi_water._

9 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite?

• Flash's Theme
    • In The Space Capsule
    • Ming's Theme
    • The Ring
    • Football Fight
    • In The Death Cell
    • The Execution Of Flash
    • The Kiss
    • Arboria
    • Escape From The Swamp
    • Flash To The Rescue
    • Vultan's Theme
    • Battle Theme
    • The Wedding March
    • Marriage Of Dale And Ming
    • Crash Dive On Mingo City
    • Flash's Theme Reprise
    • The Hero
  2. 2. Would you count this as a real album?

Is this Queen's least great studio album? Yeah, but it's completely worth checking out. As a soundtrack I think it's quite remarkable actually, though I'm not a huge listener of many soundtracks. Whereas I think the movie is one of the worst I've ever seen, the soundtrack is totally immersive and compelling to me. Brian goes particularly mad-scientist with his guitar tones and textures throughout, while the rest of the band seems to have no reservations about stepping this far outside of their comfort zone. Of course that doesn't mean the theme song isn't the best standalone piece of music here, because it is. There are few things more quintessentially "Queen" than that hook: "FLASH! ...... AH AAAAHHHH!" The Hero is also a welcome addition to Queen's unfortunately less prolific 80s output.

slim pickings here...

I think I'd be more apt to listen to this if it didn't have all the overdubbed dialogue.

Edited by toymaker

The opening theme itself is good, except for: "Flash, I love you, but we've only got 14 hours to save the Earth!" Ewwwwwwww! No disrespect, but I always found that bit vomit inducing.

Handy for when you need to cough up that tennis ball you were chasing for half an hour. :pussy:

"The inhabitants refer to it as the planet . . . euhth."

"How peaceful it looks . . ."

"Ha ha ha ha ha . . . ha ha ha . . . most effective, your Majesty! Will you destroy this, er . . . euhth?"

"Later. I like to play with things awhile . . . before annihilation."

"Ha ha ha ha ha!

I watched the movie with two of my close friends once. We all agreed it went from being bad, to so bad its good, to so bad its good it sucks, and very nearly back again over the course of the film. Really not a great movie, lol.

From Queen's Flash Gordon (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack), "the Hero". This is their only bad studio c.d., and album release. I count this with their other studio c.ds, and albums releases. Edited by Derek19

The opening theme itself is good, except for: "Flash, I love you, but we've only got 14 hours to save the Earth!" Ewwwwwwww! No disrespect, but I always found that bit vomit inducing.

Handy for when you need to cough up that tennis ball you were chasing for half an hour. :pussy:

:scared:

• Like 1