• Let Me Entertain You
    • Dead On Time
    • In Only Seven Days
    • Dreamer's Ball
    • Fun It
    • Leaving Home Ain't Easy
    • Don't Stop Me Now
    • More Of That Jazz

My second least favourite Queen album, only one song to I like. Don't Stop Me Now.

My second least favourite Queen album, only one song to I like. Don't Stop Me Now.

out of all the ones you've heard so far?

He's heard all of them.

He's heard all of them.

Outside by bottom two, I'm actually very enthusiastic about at least four songs of every other album. Queen to News Of The World is absolutely mesmerizing.

• Like 2

He's heard all of them.

Outside by bottom two, I'm actually very enthusiastic about at least four songs of every other album. Queen to News Of The World is absolutely mesmerizing.

Totally!

Jazz was a head scratcher for me for a long time. I couldn't seem to figure out why it didn't work as well as SHA or ANATO despite seeming to operate with a similar idea. Nowadays it's slightly sub-par in my book. Not a firm favorite, but one I do enjoy. After Jazz Queen appear a bit more mortal until The Works, at which point they firmly cement their 80s-forward sound and steamroll all the way through Innuendo.

• Like 1

He's heard all of them.

Totally!

Jazz was a head scratcher for me for a long time. I couldn't seem to figure out why it didn't work as well as SHA or ANATO despite seeming to operate with a similar idea. Nowadays it's slightly sub-par in my book. Not a firm favorite, but one I do enjoy. After Jazz Queen appear a bit more mortal until The Works, at which point they firmly cement their 80s-forward sound and steamroll all the way through Innuendo.

Mick and your comments make me wonder if Jazz is a grower. I mean, why not? The rest of the seventies has!

I liked most of The Game. Truly only let down by two shit songs, that's hardly a terrible record.

• Like 1

The funny thing about JAZZ is there's no JAZZ on there!

Dreamer's Ball has a bit of a lounge jazz feel.

Though, honestly, I'm more used to hearing the version on Live Killers

• Like 1

Ever see a jazz band play metal in a Tesco car park?

You know all the best stories :D
  • Like 1

He's heard all of them.

Totally!

Mick and your comments make me wonder if Jazz is a grower. I mean, why not? The rest of the seventies has!

I liked most of The Game. Truly only let down by two shit songs, that's hardly a terrible record.

It was definitely a grower for me. At this point it comes off to me as the moment where Queen stopped trying to top their last album so much and just had a fun time making a record. Brian sings a nice folk song in Leaving Home Ain't Easy, Roger experiments with a bit of funk and disco on Fun It and More Of That Jazz, John tries writing a little story on In Only Seven Days, and Freddie is just having a good time on Don't Stop Me Now. All of them seem to just be laid back and happy to play anything. This was also the last time they'd work with Roy Thomas Baker as a producer, who had worked with them from Queen through ANATO but stepped out of the picture for ADATR and NOTW so Queen could try self-producing, so they were probably also relieved to have him back and weren't stressing themselves out so much or overworking anything.

Almost true, but Dreamers Ball is decidedly New Orleans in flavor.

That's not jazz, that's what non-jazz fans think jazz is.

If that's not jazz neither is Ella Fitzgerald. Jazz is a very multifaceted genre.

If that's not jazz neither is Ella Fitzgerald. Jazz is a very multifaceted genre.

You're MAD!

Ever see a jazz band play metal in a Tesco car park?

You know all the best stories :D

It's coming soon to a town near you!

• Like 1

You're MAD!

But I ain't stressed.