HEY RUSH FORUM!!! "SUCK ON THIS!!!!!"

RUSHHEAD666

Just put on "Suck On This" by Primus!

This live record is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I certainly hope all of you RUSH FAITHFUL have this live record in your collection!!!

You know the record opens up with YYZ!!!!!!

PRIMUS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!

"Frizzle Fry" and "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" are up next!!!

I will never forget seeing Primus open for RUSH on the "Roll The Bones" Tour four times!!!!

The Oakland show was the best. I remember Les talking in between songs about the first time he saw Rush there in Oakland.

He pointed to the nosebleeds and told us where he sat for the "Moving Pictures" Tour!!!

Amazing stuff!!!!!!

• Like 1

I saw the Chocolate Factory show and it kicked ass...I mean, totally sucked! Front row with my daughter!!!!

That's awesome buddy! Front row for the Wily Wonka Mushroom Show!!! That is a really odd record but I dig it!!!

I love every record until Tim The Ginseng Drummer left. Brain is an excellent drummer but I never really liked "The Brown Album."

"Shake Hands With Beef." Meh!

• Like 1

I remember seeing Primus play "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese" all the way through at The Warfield.

Everyone was chanting....

"PRIMUS SUCKS! PRIMUS SUCKS! PRIMUS SUCKS!"

Les actually said, "Hey knock that off, we don't say that anymore!" I was shocked. I love that phrase. It's classic!!!

"We're Primus, we suck!"

Claypool should play on a track or two on Geddy's second solo album. You might think, "What would he play if Geddy's already on bass?" My answer to that is, "Well...bass." Or any other weird instrument he wants to slap or beat on.

That is a great idea JB!!! I would love to hear Les slap da bass on the next Geddy solo album. I want Alex on both songs with Les too. Tim Alexander can sit in too.

Now that would be killer. Tim could lay down some drum tracks with Geddy on bass too.

• Like 1

I actually got into these guys from Headbanger's Ball. Tommy The Cat. Saw them play live at Lollapalooza lll... they played awesome despite dodging items thrown by a drunk/stoned crowd. Glow sticks and turkey bones.

A few years ago Tim Alexander showed up to the car dealership where I worked and bought a new Subaru Forester.

• Like 2

I saw a YouTube video of Les Claypool wearing a mask of some sort; half-mask with pointy nose and two blush marks below his eyes, what looked like a brown cowboy hat, beard, and red longjohns, and he had his Pachyderm bass. On stage was Buckethead, weairing a canary yellow clothing, red hair, doing weird but stunning things with his Gibson Flying V which was white with red stripes. No idea what the gig was about, or where it was, except it was open-air, but their particular segment was music only, and it was mesmerising and very good, and utterly incredible to watch.
  • Like 2

I actually got into these guys from Headbanger's Ball. Tommy The Cat. Saw them play live at Lollapalooza lll... they played awesome despite dodging items thrown by a drunk/stoned crowd. Glow sticks and turkey bones.

A few years ago Tim Alexander showed up to the car dealership where I worked and bought a new Subaru Forester.

85!!! Where the hell have you been??? That is a great story!!!!

I saw Primus in some backwoods town in Northern California decades ago Shoot pool with Les Claypool!! Fun time. Great guy!!!

I saw a YouTube video of Les Claypool wearing a mask of some sort; half-mask with pointy nose and two blush marks below his eyes, what looked like a brown cowboy hat, beard, and red longjohns, and he had his Pachyderm bass. On stage was Buckethead, weairing a canary yellow clothing, red hair, doing weird but stunning things with his Gibson Flying V which was white with red stripes. No idea what the gig was about, or where it was, except it was open-air, but their particular segment was music only, and it was mesmerising and very good, and utterly incredible to watch.

Wow!!! That is an awesome video! I must check it out! Is it still on Youtube???

Buckethead with Claypool, Bernie Worrell and Brain. That's the name of the clip. The time length is 3 mins 33 secs.

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 1

Buckethead with Claypool, Bernie Worrell and Brain. That's the name of the clip. The time length is 3 mins 33 secs.

Thank you my dear!! I will search for it! "Dog will hunt!" LOL!

I just bought a killer Primus jacket thanks to Self Indulgence!!!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Thank you my dear!! I will search for it! "Dog will hunt!" LOL!

I just bought a killer Primus jacket thanks to Self Indulgence!!!!

Cheers!

Just looked: it seems to be from a gig in 2002, "Live in Bonnaroo" or something. Part 1. Part 2 is somewhere.

Edited by Babycat
  • Like 1