• Spread Your Wings
    • Fight From The Inside
    • Get Down, Make Love
    • Sleeping On The Sidewalk
    • Who Needs You
    • It's Late
    • My Melancholy Blues
    • Feelings Feelings

I've always found this a very weak Queen album, probably the weakest of all. It has two great songs, that are so well known it's ridiculous, and a bunch of filler songs. It's like 12 inch single padded out with studio outtakes.

I pretty much feel this way about almost every Queen album!

I've always found this a very weak Queen album, probably the weakest of all. It has two great songs, that are so well known it's ridiculous, and a bunch of filler songs. It's like 12 inch single padded out with studio outtakes.

That's life.

Well boys I think QUEEN is bloody brilliant but yes, they do have filler on every record. The gems still outweigh the pyrite poop.

"Hot Space" did this band in. Horrible record.

• Like 1

That's life.

"Who Wants To Live Forever" Pat?

Signed,

HIGHLANDER

• Like 2

Well boys I think QUEEN is bloody brilliant but yes, they do have filler on every record. The gems still outweigh the pyrite poop.

But they rebounded with The Works! By Innuendo they were firing on all cylinders just like in the old days. :yes:

Filler where? lol, I can't find it.

I see you as a big Hot Space freak Earl!

That's life.

Signed,

HIGHLANDER

I probably will live forever Earl, and if I do I'll pick up your record collection on my travels.

But they rebounded with The Works! By Innuendo they were firing on all cylinders just like in the old days. :yes:

The Works was okay. Wasn't it the album Mr. Mercury pretty much stopped playing the piano? Big mistake.

That's life.

Signed,

HIGHLANDER

I probably will live forever Earl, and if I do I'll pick up your record collection on my travels.

FISHBONE!

The Works was okay. Wasn't it the album Mr. Mercury pretty much stopped playing the piano? Big mistake.

I don't think Freddie played much piano past Jazz to be honest. He lost interest in it for the most part, which is a shame in many respects because I'd consider him one of the all time greatest pianists in rock and roll. Easily in the same league as Elton and Joel.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo

I don't think Freddie played much piano past Jazz to be honest. He lost interest in it for the most part, which is a shame in many respects because I'd consider him one of the all time greatest pianists in rock and roll. Easily in the same league as Elton and Joel.

I wouldn't go that far. Nor would he, for that matter. But Freddie could write a melody, for sure!

I wouldn't go that far. Nor would he, for that matter. But Freddie could write a melody, for sure!

Freddie was humble about his piano skills, I don't think he realized how talented he was at the instrument, and I also don't think he really cared for it after becoming a mega-superstar. I think he found it hard to interact with the audience how he wanted to when sitting at the piano. If you were to ask Elton, I bet Elton would agree Freddie was one of the greats of his era.

This is the first Queen album that's less than flawless for me. Though it's still an alright album.

It's Late is one of my very favourites though

• Like 1

It’s Late is my favorite Queen song ever. My favorite Queen album as well.

It's Late!

I'm a little, erm, Late to this party, but not too late. :haz:

damn you I was going to post that

It's too late for me now isn't it? :LOL: :D

Edited by _hi_water._