ST3V

Triumph Album Poll  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your Favorite(s)

• Triumph (AKA In The Beginning...) (1976)
    • Rock And Roll Machine (1977)
    • Just A Game (1979)
    • Progressions Of Power (1980)
    • Allied Forces (1981)
    • Never Surrender (1982)
    • Thunder Seven (1984)
    • The Sport Of Kings (1986)
    • Surveillance (1987)
    • Edge Of Excess (1993)

I'm going with the three in a row factor!

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Mine is the same as that but I kicked out Progressions of Power and slipped in Surveillance

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

I know you love "Surveillance" Pat. I remember we were talking about that album months ago and I played. I think it's excellent.

I almost went with "Never Surrender." I love that record too.

My 4th would be Thunder Seven and my 5th would be Never Surrender.

I remember buying "Thunder Seven" on cassette when I was a kid. I think that was the first Triumph album I ever bought.

I loved it so much I went out the next day about bought all of their cassettes!!!

Pat! We were so damn lucky to be born when we were. Not only to see RUSH and love Rush music but the whole damn hard rock and metal scene was thriving then! PROG TOO!!!!!!!

Yeah, compared to now I kind of took it for granted, there was so many great bands, I expected great albums and there they were.

Interesting about taking our rock and roll, hard rock, metal and prog for granted.

I must say decades later that I never took it for granted. Even as a young lad.

It was my escape from reality. It was my passion. Obsession. Rock and Roll Addiction. Rock N Roll Junky! Whatever, fill in the blank.

I am still the same way today.

I am addicted to Japanese cd pressings and Japan mini sleeve box sets.

I just picked up the David Gilmour solo albums in Japanese minisleeves in a box.

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Well when I say that I only mean in comparison. Now we see just important all those bands were in the context of today where there aren't any bands like this in heavy metal. It's not like I was blase about a new album release that's a different kind of taking it for granted.

Yeah I understand.

I remember getting off work at 11:30 pm every Monday night and race to Tower Records for the new releases at midnight!!! So fun!!!!!

I used to spend the night in line there too for Rush tix.

So many awesome memories!

Do you still own the first record you ever bought, and if not which album that you own did you buy first?

That's an excellent question.

Again I have to go all the way back to Christmas of 1976.

I got KISS "Destroyer" from Santa. It was the first thing I ran too when I went to our Christmas tree.

Of course I don't have that vinyl anymore but that's as far back as I can remember.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

It could be AC/DC's "Highway To Hell" on vinyl.

My first cassette I ever bought?

Hmmmmmmm

I actually believe it was Def Leppard's "On Through The Night." I bought it used at my favorite record store in Walnut Creek, The Record Exchange. I lived there Pat.

Funny, I just listened to "Progressions Of Power."

Now some GHOST is playing.

Next up is "Frizzle Fry" followed by "On Through The Night."

That's crazy Pat. I put that cd in my player an hour and a half ago. I think it was my first cassette.

The first record I ever bought was a single in 1977, Status Quo's Rocking All Over the World. It wasn't even in a proper sleeve, just one of those black and white phonograph paper sleeves with a hole in the middle.

Oh wow Pat! That opens up my mind. I used to buy 45s all the time when I was really young!!!! I remember buying Steve Martin's "King Tut" 45. LOL

I also got The Sweet Love is Like Oxygen!

• Like 1

What are yours? Do you remember?

The first album I got I think was Deep Purple's 24 Carat Purple in 1977 or 1978. And around that time Black Sabbath We Sold Our Souls For Rock and Roll, AC/DC's If You Want Blood, Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous. Those are definitely the first albums I bought. I've still got the Thin Lizzy and AC/DC. I haven't got 24 Carat Purple anymore, once I bought all the Purple studio albums I guess I didn't bother with it anymore. I have CD versions now of We Sold Our Souls.

I find it interesting that you went for two Greatest Hits records and a live record. All three are awesome.

Yeah well obviously I had no albums so a compilation album gives you good overview of a band and you get some of the well-known songs. The Sabbath one I played to death, until I got all the Sabs studio albums.

• Like 1

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Mine is the same as that but I kicked out Progressions of Power and slipped in Surveillance

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

I know you love "Surveillance" Pat. I remember we were talking about that album months ago and I played. I think it's excellent.

I remember buying "Thunder Seven" on cassette when I was a kid. I think that was the first Triumph album I ever bought.

I loved it so much I went out the next day about bought all of their cassettes!!!

Pat! We were so damn lucky to be born when we were. Not only to see RUSH and love Rush music but the whole damn hard rock and metal scene was thriving then! PROG TOO!!!!!!!

Yeah, compared to now I kind of took it for granted, there was so many great bands, I expected great albums and there they were.

Interesting about taking our rock and roll, hard rock, metal and prog for granted.

It was my escape from reality. It was my passion. Obsession. Rock and Roll Addiction. Rock N Roll Junky! Whatever, fill in the blank.

I just picked up the David Gilmour solo albums in Japanese minisleeves in a box.

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Well when I say that I only mean in comparison. Now we see just important all those bands were in the context of today where there aren't any bands like this in heavy metal. It's not like I was blase about a new album release that's a different kind of taking it for granted.

Yeah I understand.

I remember getting off work at 11:30 pm every Monday night and race to Tower Records for the new releases at midnight!!! So fun!!!!!

Do you still own the first record you ever bought, and if not which album that you own did you buy first?

I got KISS "Destroyer" from Santa. It was the first thing I ran too when I went to our Christmas tree.

Of course I don't have that vinyl anymore but that's as far back as I can remember.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

Hmmmmmmm

I actually believe it was Def Leppard's "On Through The Night." I bought it used at my favorite record store in Walnut Creek, The Record Exchange. I lived there Pat.

That's crazy Pat. I put that cd in my player an hour and a half ago. I think it was my first cassette.

The first record I ever bought was a single in 1977, Status Quo's Rocking All Over the World. It wasn't even in a proper sleeve, just one of those black and white phonograph paper sleeves with a hole in the middle.

Oh wow Pat! That opens up my mind. I used to buy 45s all the time when I was really young!!!! I remember buying Steve Martin's "King Tut" 45. LOL

That's funny Pat! I just bought that Sweet album. Japanese cardboard cd pressing!

• Like 1

The first album I got I think was Deep Purple's 24 Carat Purple in 1977 or 1978. And around that time Black Sabbath We Sold Our Souls For Rock and Roll, AC/DC's If You Want Blood, Thin Lizzy's Live and Dangerous. Those are definitely the first albums I bought. I've still got the Thin Lizzy and AC/DC. I haven't got 24 Carat Purple anymore, once I bought all the Purple studio albums I guess I didn't bother with it anymore. I have CD versions now of We Sold Our Souls.

I find it interesting that you went for two Greatest Hits records and a live record. All three are awesome.

Yeah well obviously I had no albums so a compilation album gives you good overview of a band and you get some of the well-known songs. The Sabbath one I played to death, until I got all the Sabs studio albums.

Yeah I get it. I think it's a good idea to explore first and then if you love everything you hear then go for it.

I was a lot bolder back then.

I went for a studio album first. Funny thing that I did was actually inspect and analyze the artwork on an album. I had a very good sense even back then as a kid.

I saw that "On Through The Night" album cover and I just assumed it was going to rock!!!

• Like 1

Yeah I get it. I think it's a good idea to explore first and then if you love everything you hear then go for it.

I went for a studio album first. Funny thing that I did was actually inspect and analyze the artwork on an album. I had a very good sense even back then as a kid.

I saw that "On Through The Night" album cover and I just assumed it was going to rock!!!

How many albums did you buy back then that turned out to be crap??

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Yeah I understand.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

Hmmmmmmm

That's funny Pat! I just bought that Sweet album. Japanese cardboard cd pressing!

It rocks!

• Like 1

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Yeah I understand.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

Hmmmmmmm

It rocks!

YES!!

• Like 1

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Yeah I understand.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

Hmmmmmmm

It rocks!

YES!!

Earl what do you think of Alice Cooper's CONSTRICTOR album??

Pat!

You are talking to a guy who has spent his entire life buying music.

To me the percentages of discovering excellent music totally outweighs the crap.

I would say in my lifetime of collecting cassettes, vinyl and cds

75% KEEPERS

25% CRAP

Then again Pat I am a Music Whore.

If my ears were two vaginas, I would be f***ed one million times.

• Like 2

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Yeah I understand.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

Hmmmmmmm

It rocks!

YES!!

I have the Japanese Pressing on CD. I like it. Nothing great.

Pat!

To me the percentages of discovering excellent music totally outweighs the crap.

75% KEEPERS

25% CRAP

Earl what do you think of Alice Cooper's Raise Your Fist and Yell?

• Like 1

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Yeah I understand.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

Hmmmmmmm

It rocks!

YES!!

I'm listening to it now, I think it's great. Alice with a WASP vibe!

Pat!

75% KEEPERS

25% CRAP

You are funny Pat. I have that Japan cd pressing too. Again, it's good. Nothing great.

I'm a 70's Alice guy. I have all of his records. I was never impressed with his attempt at METAL.

Even that Jason Voorhies track he did is mediocre.

• Like 1

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

We are lucky ducks Pat.

I'll never change!

Yeah I understand.

The album I ever bought?

Wow!

Hmmmmmmm

It rocks!

YES!!

I'm listening to it now, I think it's great. Alice with a WASP vibe!

WOW! WASP VIBE? You know I LOVE WASP!

"Animal FUKK LIKE A BEAST!"

• Like 1

Pat!

75% KEEPERS

25% CRAP

You are funny Pat. I have that Japan cd pressing too. Again, it's good. Nothing great.

I'm a 70's Alice guy. I have all of his records. I was never impressed with his attempt at METAL.

Even that Jason Voorhies track he did is mediocre.

I love the 80's shit by the look of it. I like METAL Alice! It's where it's at Earl!

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

Just A Game

Allied Forces

Surveillance

That's where I started, too. I like it a lot, but I picked Allied Forces and Just A Game.

• Like 3

I liked Triumph a lot, and on occasion, still listen to them. I have Triumph to Thunder Seven on cassette, and the Sport of Kings, Classics, and Surveillance on c.d. When Rik Emmet was the lead singer, I like their releases the same. With him not on "Edge of Excess", by voting, I didn't pick, and choose that release, but I did the other releases, though. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Just A Game

Progressions Of Power

Allied Forces

That would be the same for me, and in that order :yes:
  • Like 1

I liked Triumph a lot, and on occasion, still listen to them. I have Triumph to Thunder Seven on cassette, and the Sport of Kings, Classics, and Surveillance on c.d. When Rik Emmet was the lead singer, I like their releases the same. With him not on "Edge of Excess", by voting, I didn't pick, and choose that release, but I did the other releases, though.

Edge Of Excess really should've been under a different name. It just doesn't sound like Triumph, and same flare isn't there, although I gotta admit it that despite that, it's one kickass album.

• Like 1