20 members have voted

1. 1. Band/Artist

• ZZ Top
    • Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
  2. 2. Album

3. 3. Album

• Deguello
    • Couldn't Stand The Weather

I'll go ZZ Top with all three, primarily because I am much more familiar with their stuff whereas I have only listened to bits and pieces of SRV.

ZZ Top all the Way. everbody out there drooling over SRV. i just hear playing a billion notes with no real point or melody. yay?

lol

Mick

I wonder how much praise SRV would get today if he was still alive? Because we all know dying young in the music world automatically means the artist ascends to god status and everything they did is now a masterpiece.

• Like 1

ZZ Top all the Way. everbody out there drooling over SRV. i just hear playing a billion notes with no real point or melody. yay?

lol

Mick

I wonder how much praise SRV would get today if he was still alive? Because we all know dying young in the music world automatically means the artist ascends to god status and everything they did is now a masterpiece.

see kurt Cobain.

john Lennon's solo career.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Tough one for me, and I don't think I can choose. I certainly don't think Stevie Ray Vaughn is overhyped, and what a terrific showman - I prefer watching him play, which is mesmerizing. But then ZZ Top just has that groove, and the great lead playing as well.
  • Like 2

Tough one for me, and I don't think I can choose. I certainly don't think Stevie Ray Vaughn is overhyped, and what a terrific showman - I prefer watching him play, which is mesmerizing. But then ZZ Top just has that groove, and the great lead playing as well.

Yeah, I thought this would be a lot closer, lol. SRV is totally mesmerizing, that's exactly the right way to put it.

• Like 1

lol

Mick

see kurt Cobain.

john Lennon's solo career.

Mick

randy rhoads probably would have ended up joining whitesnake or doing video game menu music

• Like 1

lol

Mick

I wonder how much praise SRV would get today if he was still alive?

A ton.

lol

Mick

I wonder how much praise SRV would get today if he was still alive?

A ton.

Probably.

But it would still not compare to the amount of praise he gets because he died young.

ZZ Top clean sweep, but originally I did vote for Couldn't Stand the Weather. I thought about it though and had to change it. I really like Couldn't Stand the Weather.

I love that record too Pat.

My one regret in life was when I was working the 3 to midnight shift at Safeway. Safeway owned your soul but the money was great.

I had tickets to see SRV open for Jeff Beck in Oakland.

My asshole manager at the time didn't give me my request day off.

I was going to call in sick but I figured I would catch Stevie next time around as a headliner.

Of course a year later he died in that horrific helicopter crash.

I was very upset.

That being said, I have to go with ZZ TOP.

I love every record up to "Afterburner."

I know "Afterburner" was much more commercial even more so than MTV's "Eliminator" album.

But just give me "Tres Hombres."

"Beer Drinkers And Hellraisers" is my favorite song by them.

I've seen ZZ TOP twice.

The last time was in 2019 and they played "Beer Drinkers And Hellraisers" live. My night was made!!!

• Like 2

Stevie would have kept the blues thang alive and well into the 2000's.

This brings me to a point about Eric Johnson.

I love him too but what the hell has happened?

I wish he would put out a harder blues infused rock record with his original three piece again!!

• Like 2

ZZ Top clean sweep, but originally I did vote for Couldn't Stand the Weather. I thought about it though and had to change it. I really like Couldn't Stand the Weather.

My one regret in life was when I was working the 3 to midnight shift at Safeway. Safeway owned your soul but the money was great.

I was going to call in sick but I figured I would catch Stevie next time around as a headliner.

I was very upset.

I know "Afterburner" was much more commercial even more so than MTV's "Eliminator" album.

I've seen ZZ TOP twice.

The last time was in 2019 and they played "Beer Drinkers And Hellraisers" live. My night was made!!!

I sometimes even love Afterburner.

What do you think of Recycler?

Channel 4 over here used "Decision or Collision" as background music for NFL highlight packages in the 90's.

• Like 1

I was very upset.

I've seen ZZ TOP twice.

Channel 4 over here used "Decision or Collision" as background music for NFL highlight packages in the 90's.

Nice Pat. I really do love "Afterburner."

I'm going to give "Recycler" a spin tomorrow. I think it's good!!! After that one? Hit or miss. You like it?

• Like 1

I was very upset.

I've seen ZZ TOP twice.

Nice Pat. I really do love "Afterburner."

I'm going to give "Recycler" a spin tomorrow. I think it's good!!! After that one? Hit or miss. You like it?

I remember getting Antenna when it came out. The band appeared on Des O'Connor Tonight in 1994 playing Pin Cushion!

• Like 1