ZZ Top

bathory

I've never seen them live ...... we had tickets to see them in Vegas earlier this year .......... Covid-19 made sure that didn't happen. :boohoo:

Seen them I believe 6 times, 5 for sure. Never walked away unhappy. And I also do believe they are easily the longest tenured band with the original members that have never broken up. LOVE Billy's guitar work. Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 1

I haven't seen ZZ Top perform live in concert in person before. I've liked, and listened to them. Last year, was marking their 50th Anniversary. Edited by Derek19

People who hate ZZ Top are people who can't be trusted.

I only have a minor grudge in that when RUSH opened for them with an enthusiastic reception, ZZ Top's roadies disconnected their amps as noted here.

RUSH's longevity was attributed to being friends who shared a sense of humour.

ZZ Top's longevity is attributed to all the band members each having their own tour bus.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

People who hate ZZ Top are people who can't be trusted.

I only have a minor grudge in that when RUSH opened for them with an enthusiastic reception, ZZ Top's roadies disconnected their amps as noted here.

RUSH's longevity was attributed to being friends who shared a sense of humour.

ZZ Top's longevity is attributed to all the band members each having their own tour bus.

Do they not get along?

Yeah they're up there in my top 15 bands.

I want to know your top twenty! All genres!

The Netflix show on ZZ Top is excellent!

Unfortunately I don't have Netflix so can't watch. Does it delve into their interpersonal dynamic? We've seen a good portion of that with Rush and for 2 bands with 3 members to survive for as long as they did is pretty amazing to me. The whole 3 person thing is often a setup for 2 vs. 1 in any type of situation and then throw fame and money and so forth into the mix and it's just fantastic that both bands were around and stable for so long. If I had a guess it'd be that like Rush, if all 3 members didn't agree, it didn't happen.

Edited by driventotheedge