West Conifer Seed Bugs (Pine Beetle, Stink Bug)

_hi_water._

I keep getting these little pieces of scum in my house, mostly in the fall and winter. My place is infested with them, mostly because there's tons of pine trees. I don't have any cracks on my windows, yet they keep getting inside anyway. I really want help here, cuz I don't know how to stop them. It is getting out of controlllll

Oh yeah, I ain't squishing 'em either, their scent is awful

220px-Leptoglossus_occidentalis_MHNT.jpg

Have you tried bug barrier spray? You can get it at Home Depot or another store like that. Spray it all around the outside perimeter of your home and that might help keep the bugs at bay. There is bug spray for gardens too. Maybe get some of that and spray the trees with it. Is it possible for you to cut the trees down? Since that's the main source of the bugs, that would be the best option.
  • Like 1

Have you tried bug barrier spray? You can get it at Home Depot or another store like that. Spray it all around the outside perimeter of your home and that might help keep the bugs at bay. There is bug spray for gardens too. Maybe get some of that and spray the trees with it. Is it possible for you to cut the trees down? Since that's the main source of the bugs, that would be the best option.

I could definitely spray it around the perimeter, but I have some pissy neighbors, so idk if that's the best idea... but not bad.

Cutting down the trees... well, considering that I had a terrible thunderstorm that blew done tons of pine trees, the population decreased a lot, but there's still some... and of course, if I cut 'em down, the neighbors could be pissed.

But I'll see what works out here... :goodone: my man.

I could definitely spray it around the perimeter, but I have some pissy neighbors, so idk if that's the best idea... but not bad.

Cutting down the trees... well, considering that I had a terrible thunderstorm that blew done tons of pine trees, the population decreased a lot, but there's still some... and of course, if I cut 'em down, the neighbors could be pissed.

Do you own your house? If so, it doesn't matter what you're neighbors say. It's your house and you can bug spray it if you want to. The same with cutting down the trees if they're on your property.

• Like 1

Do you own your house? If so, it doesn't matter what you're neighbors say. It's your house and you can bug spray it if you want to. The same with cutting down the trees if they're on your property.

aight m8... yolo for me

:cheers:

aight m8... yolo for me

:cheers:

Having trees infested with pine beetles near your home isn't such a good idea, anyway. It's a major fire hazard, no?

I keep getting these little pieces of scum in my house, mostly in the fall and winter. My place is infested with them, mostly because there's tons of pine trees. I don't have any cracks on my windows, yet they keep getting inside anyway. I really want help here, cuz I don't know how to stop them. It is getting out of controlllll

First cutting down your trees is a shitty idea. There may be regulations against it.it may lower your properties value as well.

Secondly research and use pesticide sparingly if at all.

Last that appears to be a kissing bug. Which if true is much worse than a stinking bug.

First cutting down your trees is a shitty idea. There may be regulations against it.it may lower your properties value as well.

Last that appears to be a kissing bug. Which if true is much worse than a stinking bug.

nope it's West Conifer Seed Bug. People (such as myself) call em stinkbugs/kissing bugs because they give that awful smell.

nope it's West Conifer Seed Bug. People (such as myself) call em stinkbugs/kissing bugs because they give that awful smell.

Well good luck.

If you wake up with bug bites around your mouth, you will know for sure!

Well good luck.

but these bugs rarely ever bite, they just fly around your room and make stuff smell bad

I do this once or twice year to keep ants out of the house. Works well.

Well good luck.

but these bugs rarely ever bite, they just fly around your room and make stuff smell bad

Cool

Just read up on them. Seems like they are confused for kissing bugs alot.

I say kill them by catching with a paper towel or rag. If there's a bunch I would keep a vacuum nearby. Even a bust buster might work

I have pretty much taken out large Hornets nests using a shop vac with hose at the nest entrance

Happy exterminating!!!

Edited by tangy

Well good luck.

Cool

I say kill them by catching with a paper towel or rag. If there's a bunch I would keep a vacuum nearby. Even a bust buster might work

I have pretty much taken out large Hornets nests using a shop vac with hose at the nest entrance

Happy exterminating!!!

I ain't using rags or paper towel, because you have to squish them and then they smell AWFUL

Well good luck.

Cool

Happy exterminating!!!

You sir are braver than I would ever hope to be. Had a football shaped paper nest that by looking at the stinging insects flying in and out of it and the nest itself, I identified as bald faced hornets. According to what I read they are highly aggressive and will literally wait above a pool for their victims to resurface if said victim fukked with their nest and then jumped in the pool to escape them. At that point, especially considering my aversion to things that sting, I called professionals in to remove the nest. Money well spent indeed.

• Like 2

Well good luck.

Cool

Happy exterminating!!!

You sir are braver than I would ever hope to be. Had a football shaped paper nest that by looking at the stinging insects flying in and out of it and the nest itself, I identified as bald faced hornets. According to what I read they are highly aggressive and will literally wait above a pool for their victims to resurface if said victim fukked with their nest and then jumped in the pool to escape them. At that point, especially considering my aversion to things that sting, I called professionals in to remove the nest. Money well spent indeed.

I hates bees, wasps and hornets. I am actually scared of them. Makes me scared to go outside because I never know if I accidentally nearly step on em.

Well good luck.

Cool

Happy exterminating!!!

I hates bees, wasps and hornets. I am actually scared of them. Makes me scared to go outside because I never know if I accidentally nearly step on em.

The best way to locate a Hornets nest is to run over it with a lawn mower....

Hornets are a danger and kill more people than most animals. But unless you know you are allergic, fear not and get out there.

• Like 1