Most Under-Hated Bands On This Forum

Segue Myles

One of my personal favorites

http://i.imgur.com/CeleugL.png

So bad it’s good

He does have a bit of a sparkle in his eye

I saw them back in 2017 at the Garden. I hadn't seen them live since 1991. He sounded great. Axl had learned his lesson, so there were no 5 minutes speeches about what an a-hole Warren Beatty is (a rant he went on the last time I had seen them before playing, IIRC, Double Talkin' Jive). They just methodically went through the setlist. I was supposed to see them this past summer at Fenway. Now it's next summer.

He’s got to be around 60 by now. So, better late than never to not be a dick when it comes to doing your job.

True, although in his industry he's hardly the first or only person to have had that particular problem in his 20s and 30s.

So bad it’s good

I saw them back in 2017 at the Garden. I hadn't seen them live since 1991. He sounded great. Axl had learned his lesson, so there were no 5 minutes speeches about what an a-hole Warren Beatty is (a rant he went on the last time I had seen them before playing, IIRC, Double Talkin' Jive). They just methodically went through the setlist. I was supposed to see them this past summer at Fenway. Now it's next summer.

He’s got to be around 60 by now. So, better late than never to not be a dick when it comes to doing your job.

True, although in his industry he's hardly the first or only person to have had that particular problem in his 20s and 30s.

For sure. But he’s got the extra crybaby curricular activity such as starting waaaaaay past the gig’s showtime and fighting with the audience.

So bad it’s good

For sure. But he’s got the extra crybaby curricular activity such as starting waaaaaay past the gig’s showtime and fighting with the audience.

It's hard to argue he wasn't the worst offender in his day. Not now though. The band is very workmanlike. I doubt Slash would tolerate the BS now.

Def Leppard are just a pop band as are Kiss, Bon Jovi and all those so-called hair metal bands.

Bloody teenybopper rubbish.

See I can like this stuff, but I generally agree with your opinion on them.

• Like 2

Def Leppard are just a pop band as are Kiss, Bon Jovi and all those so-called hair metal bands.

Don't worry about Tony! He's just a grumpy old man! I'm 52 going on 25 Michael!!!

KISS and early DEF LEPPARD RULE!!!!

The first four BON JOVI albums are great.

• Like 1

Don't worry about Tony! He's just a grumpy old man! I'm 52 going on 25 Michael!!!

I do sort of understand what he's getting at though, I mean, this is the perfect thread for him to be sour about something haha

I love Bon Jovi all the way through to the end of the nineties myself.

• Like 1

So bad it’s good

It's hard to argue he wasn't the worst offender in his day. Not now though. The band is very workmanlike. I doubt Slash would tolerate the BS now.

Good! I never liked them but yeah, good for them and good for the fans.

I do sort of understand what he's getting at though, I mean, this is the perfect thread for him to be sour about something haha

I love Bon Jovi all the way through to the end of the nineties myself.

[/quote

Hahaha! True! This is a perfect thread for him. I lost it after "Keep The Faith." I became "Faithless" in Bon Jovi. lol

KISS and early DEF LEPPARD are crappy as a RULE!!!!

The first four BON JOVI albums are great piles of steaming shit.

Babymetal.

There’s more than a whiff of disgusting schoolgirl fetish going on, in my opinion. It’s creepy and dangerous.

I think their popularity is a joke, the music is all gimmick, and recently saw them listed on a respected metal magazine/website as one of the top ten most important metal bands ever.

It's f***ing despicable.

• Like 2

Babymetal.

There’s more than a whiff of disgusting schoolgirl fetish going on, in my opinion. It’s creepy and dangerous.

I think their popularity is a joke, the music is all gimmick, and recently saw them listed on a respected metal magazine/website as one of the top ten most important metal bands ever.

It's f***ing despicable.

I like them, but I can totally see the nature of your criticism - the schoolgirl angle is nasty. I think they`re about 20 now, but that`s not exactly a mitigating argument. For me, I don`t like "heavy metal", I like hard rock. I also like instrumental guitar music as I think most lyrics are terrible and I strongly dislike the vocals of heavier stuff - I just don`t like how they sound. So... Babymetal deliver on the grounds that I can simply enjoy the sound of the female vocals - like I do with Alanis or Go-Gos etc. - but I can enjoy the heaviness of the music, without some growling male taking charge singing words that I can understand but cannot relate to.

Babymetal.

That’s Japan for you - weird ass fetish j-girl idol group shit under the guise that it’s “kawaii” (cute). The only reason Babymetal’s considered a band is because of the backing session musicians (but who are virtually invisible in the background). Otherwise, they’re just another processed j-idol group.

Babymetal.

That’s Japan for you - weird ass fetish j-girl idol group shit under the guise that it’s “kawaii” (cute). The only reason Babymetal’s considered a band is because of the backing session musicians (but who are virtually invisible in the background). Otherwise, they’re just another processed j-idol group.

Are they even popular in Japan?

Babymetal.

Are they even popular in Japan?

Yeah, very much so. But they were probably bigger 2-3 years back

So bad it’s good

He once showed up late because he was watching TMNT 2 on video. Imagine putting, not the original, but the sequel with a Vanilla Ice cameo after Cool As Ice killed his career for good over performing for your fans. That's beyond selfish.

Fleetwood Mac feat. Nicks/Buckingham. Maybe I'll be harsh, but I think their music really sucks and I think Stevie Nicks is a crappy singer. There, I said it.

Give me ABBA over them anytime.

Early bluesy FM with Green is very good and deserves much more recognition.

oh, I like everything Fleetwood Mac did... but I know a majority of people here are gonna disagree