Anthrax vs Armored Saint

treeduck

Anthrax or Armored Saint?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which band do you like more, Anthrax or Armored Saint?

TBH I know very little of Armored Saint's stuff so I vote for Anthrax on the strength of familiarity and also 1987's fine effort of Among The Living. Edited by zepphead

I love John Bush but Anthrax have three albums I absolutely love: Spreading the Disease, Among the Living and Persistence of Time. John was good with Anthrax as well. I really like Armored Saint but more of their albums are hit or miss...

I've liked Armored Saint since I first heard them many years ago but never saw them in concert, although I almost did, bear with me, please.

Back in the 80s, I was in the military but home on leave and there was a triple bill of Grim Reaper, Armored Saint and W.A.S.P. coming to the bustling metropolis of Burlington, IA and I really wanted to go but knew I would be going by myself because none of my friends or wife liked that kind of music (losers). This was the era that W.A.S.P. was throwing raw meat into the crowd. The day before the show, my best friend at the time told me he and a couple of other folks were getting together the next night to play Trivial Pursuit, which I really like, and invited me and my wife. He didn't know I had planned to go to the concert and I ended up going to his place instead. It was fun, but I can only imagine that concert would have been incredible. Oh well.

Anthrax.

They are more consistently good and found their groove very early with Spreading The Disease and have always delivered the very best effort they could with all the albums that have followed.

I like Saint a lot but there's no denying that while their first three albums are good, they are also pretty generic, run of the mill metal. Saint found themselves on Symbol Of Salvation. This was unfortunate for them since Bush left to join Anthrax after that album. But I think Saint have become a much better band as they have gotten older. Starting with Revelation, you could tell that they had become much better songwriters and have continued with that on the albums that have followed. They take their time now and know what works and what doesn't. They don't release something if it's not the best possible thing they can do at the time.

As for Belladonna and Bush, obviously from a technical standpoint Belladonna is the much better vocalist. But if you're looking for someone with a genuine voice that is raw and has real emotion in it, there aren't too many better than John Bush.

• Like 3