Celebrate Neil on his 9/12 birthday by wearing a Rush shirt! Flood social media!

blueschica

OK, it's an idea posted in another group I am in. Apparently it is the idea of Neil's brother Danny. Post on social media or just post a photo here! Here is the video that talks about it-

#happybirthdayneil #bubbarulez #happybirthdayneilpeart #happybirthdaybubba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jtetz-veUEY

• Like 6

For wearing a Rush shirt on Neil Peart's Sept. 12 birthday, I can, and will do that. With the ones I have, I would have to decide, which one I feel like. Maybe, I'll take a self photo of me wearing it, and hashtag it, too. About that, I will, and can see. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

For wearing a Rush shirt on Neil Peart's Sept. 12 birthday, I can, and will do that. With the ones I have, I would have to decide, which one I feel like. Maybe, I'll take a self photo of me wearing it, and hashtag it, too. About that, I will, and can see.

We would love to see that! I'm thinking about which one to wear as well! :hi:

• Like 3

Next year will be even better.

At 9:12 pm (21:12) on 9-12-21, we should all do something special!

:haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 7

What if I want to wear a shirt that has the group name America on it instead for Sept 12? :)

America co-founder Gerry Beckley is also turning 68 on that day as well.

I had tix to see them in Reno in October, really good seats too. I've only seen them once and wife has never seen thgem so we were pumped. Naturally, it was postponed til next October. Fukk 2020.

I'm in for Saturday. Will have to choose from one of the like 14 or so Rush shirts I own. :blush:

I won't be posting on social media cuz I'm not on the cesspool that is social media and never will be. Maybe those of us that aren't can post on this thread or make one specifically for the occasion here on TRF.

Edited by driventotheedge
  • Like 6

Going to see a local band at an outdoor venue on Saturday night.. I'll be sure to wear a Rush shirt (as I typically do half the time anyway). The band has two drummers and there is usually a drum solo in the set. I have already let them know I expect to hear parts/snippets of the ESL solo.
  • Like 2

I plan on it, my sister and I will be wearing our shirts, having a belated birthday party to celebrate all the birthdays we've missed during the shutdown (masks and social distancing of course ). I agree we should have a thread here for everyone to share, I don't bother with FB either, what a cesspool is right.
  • Like 4

I'm in for Saturday. Will have to choose from one of the like 14 or so Rush shirts I own. :blush:

I won't be posting on social media cuz I'm not on the cesspool that is social media and never will be. Maybe those of us that aren't can post on this thread or make one specifically for the occasion here on TRF.

Pretty much wear at least one every weekend and this weekend is no different. The social media thing is out for me, even for a great idea such as this one..

• Like 2

Brandon Dyke is an awesome guy, who does great acoustic versions of Rush songs. And he does deep cuts too, like Ghost of a Chance, Everyday Glory, Second Nature... I'll wear my Rush shirt with pride today.

This is pretty decent:

http://youtu.be/08BQ83vZJx0

No overcooked vocals. Not hammy. Good interpretation without being an outright clone.

• Like 4

Brandon Dyke is an awesome guy, who does great acoustic versions of Rush songs. And he does deep cuts too, like Ghost of a Chance, Everyday Glory, Second Nature... I'll wear my Rush shirt with pride today.

This is pretty decent:

http://youtu.be/08BQ83vZJx0

No overcooked vocals. Not hammy. Good interpretation without being an outright clone.

That's one of the best Rush covers I've heard. Wonderfully natural rendition. Totally engaging and captivating. Appreciate the song in a new light after hearing this.

• Like 2

today feels bittersweet. i feel a shadow of grief and my heart aches. miss you so very much, Neil.
  • Like 6

Pretty much wear at least one every weekend and this weekend is no different. The social media thing is out for me, even for a great idea such as this one..

Went with the Sun/Moon read Vapor Trails Tour shirt on 9/12 and the Snakes And Arrows parking lot tie dye on 9/13. A nice weekend to be outdoors too.

• Like 2