RIP Lou Brock, 81

laughedatbytime

Much respect from a Cub fan to a great player who came up big in the big moments.

Tom Seaver and now Lou in the same week...a lot of guys whose careers I saw a lot of are starting to go....makes you think...

:rose:

• Like 3

The man was so good, he never dove back into first base on pickoff attempts. He was a special, special talent.
  • Like 1

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. He should be well missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Lou.

I can't believe this! I just saw the news on the ESPN ticker.

I remember going to junior college decades ago. A couple of my buddies and I cut class that day and went to the Coliseum in Oakland to hopefully watch Rickey Henderson steal 939!!! Oh and yes he did!

He stole third. Took the base from the attachment and held it high into the sky!! Lou was there of course and gave a great speech to Rickey that afternoon. As we walked out of the Coliseum everyone got a certificate of that historic day. A day I will never forget for the rest of my life!!

RIP LOU!!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 2

He was one of those guys I had never heard of when I was 8 in 1977, and you learn he's a star by reading the back of his baseball card. Back then, it seemed the All-Star game was loaded with future Hall of Famers every year. Because the stat needs have destroyed baseball, stolen bases are a thing of the past.

He was one of those guys I had never heard of when I was 8 in 1977, and you learn he's a star by reading the back of his baseball card. Back then, it seemed the All-Star game was loaded with future Hall of Famers every year. Because the stat needs have destroyed baseball, stolen bases are a thing of the past.

I think its a combo. There's that but also catchers are far better at throwing people out today too. But someone must have also studied the risk/reward of stealing too... I was actually looking at steals per year historical, interesting... https://www.baseball-almanac.com/hitting/hisb3.shtml

Much respect from a Cub fan to a great player who came up big in the big moments.

Tom Seaver and now Lou in the same week...a lot of guys whose careers I saw a lot of are starting to go....makes you think...

:rose:

Yeah, sad. RIP Lou :rose:

My all-time favorite baseball player is Sandy Koufax and he's 84. Considering his age and how 2020 has gone I have a bad feeling..........

• Like 1

A fact I heard today about Lou Brock that I was not aware of..........he holds the all-time highest batting average in World Series play at .391

Clutch

With power, and 14 stolen bases...

https://www.baseball-almanac.com/players/playerpost.php?p=brocklo01&ps=ws

• Like 2