The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

We're stuck with BHA v Arsenal, but they're showing score updates in the corner of the screen.

The games are simulcast on Amazon here, so it`s Leeds on the TV and Brighton on the laptop, West Ham on the phone :popcorn: *Outstanding own goal from West Brom, really lovely stuff.

Outstanding! NBC Sports Network is very good broadcasting the PL on this side of the pond. We'll have Man U/Wolves at 3 (2000 GMT) and Tottneham/Fulham tommorow. Between that and all the college bowl games, I'm a happy camper! :pizza:

The timings are obviously a few hours different here, so I have to find all sorts of ways to kill time - sometimes including cooking or cleaning, even - before the games begin.

Sam Allardyce`s return should be allowed only if he wears a mask constantly, over his entire face. There`s something all wrong with football when Bielsa has to play against him... it`s such a weird match-up. Suspect Leeds will have 52 efforts on goal, West Brom maybe two, Leeds`ll lose 2-0, a VAR penalty and an own goal.

As the kids say, "this post aged well".
  • Like 1

Sure wish the 'pool would have spread out some of those seven they racked up against Palace!

I know what you mean, and felt the same when we hammered Utd - don`t use them all in one afternoon! The season`s calmed down a bit now (Leeds aside), and it`s going to get messy if the calendar is further condensed due to postponements; I`m sure they won`t move Euro 2020 again.
  • Like 2

Sure wish the 'pool would have spread out some of those seven they racked up against Palace!

Yeah ..... looks like our quota currently stands at zero!

You knew this was coming at the end the year...top goal scorers in 2020: 1) Lewandowski ( Bayern ) 45 goals, 2) Ronaldo ( Juventus ) 41, Lukaku ( Inter ) 35, 4) Immobile ( Lazio ) 34, 5) Haaland ( Borussia ) 33, 5) Negrao ( Ulsan ) 33, 5) Nsame ( Young Boys ) 33, 8) Hernandez ( Cartagines ) 30, 9) Sappinen ( Flora ) 29, 9) Olunga ( Kashiwa ) 29.

According to the "Bild", Manchester City is planning to offer Tottenham 100 million EURO for Harry Kane. Pep Guardiola wants to replace Sergio Aguero with the Spurs' superstar...

I can see why Spurs might listen to 100 million offers, but to a domestic rival? Juventus, maybe. Barcelona, maybe. But a team you've got to play twice and try to beat? I know it happens (thanks for all the great players, Southampton!), but that seems . . . unlikely?

According to the "Bild", Manchester City is planning to offer Tottenham 100 million EURO for Harry Kane. Pep Guardiola wants to replace Sergio Aguero with the Spurs' superstar...

I can see why Spurs might listen to 100 million offers, but to a domestic rival? Juventus, maybe. Barcelona, maybe. But a team you've got to play twice and try to beat? I know it happens (thanks for all the great players, Southampton!), but that seems . . . unlikely?

Aguero keeps getting injuries.He has to go. Kane is not happy with Tottenham's results, often talking about leaving. I'd rather have the 100M and spend it on players that want to play for my club.

Aguero keeps getting injuries.He has to go. Kane is not happy with Tottenham's results, often talking about leaving. I'd rather have the 100M and spend it on players that want to play for my club.

:tsk:

We're stuck with BHA v Arsenal, but they're showing score updates in the corner of the screen.

The games are simulcast on Amazon here, so it`s Leeds on the TV and Brighton on the laptop, West Ham on the phone :popcorn: *Outstanding own goal from West Brom, really lovely stuff.

Outstanding! NBC Sports Network is very good broadcasting the PL on this side of the pond. We'll have Man U/Wolves at 3 (2000 GMT) and Tottneham/Fulham tommorow. Between that and all the college bowl games, I'm a happy camper! :pizza:

Oops wrong thread

Edited by laughedatbytime

Oops wrong thread

What a strange Mongo-style post - "Mahomes", "Chad Hence"... I can`t make real words out of them.
  • Like 1

Oops wrong thread

What a strange Mongo-style post - "Mahomes", "Chad Hence"... I can`t make real words out of them.

They really should change the name of that sport. They hardly ever kick the ball, and those who do are ridiculed for it. :P
  • Like 2

It`s unusual to have a fixture where I really don`t mind who wins (Spurs vs Leeds).

Nice Kane-Son combo on the second goal.

You must be shocked that Spurs managed 20 shots with their paltry 36% possession - a Bielsa side would definitely beat a Mourinho side if they had equal resources, but that`s not the case.
  • Like 1

It`s unusual to have a fixture where I really don`t mind who wins (Spurs vs Leeds).

Nice Kane-Son combo on the second goal.

You must be shocked that Spurs managed 20 shots with their paltry 36% possession - a Bielsa side would definitely beat a Mourinho side if they had equal resources, but that`s not the case.

I am shocked. Like when Kubacki won the world championship in ski jumping, being in 27th place after the first round. :o

It's very tight at the top of the Premier League. United are definitely on a roll - Liverpool are drawing too much and Spurs are patchy. The league is there for the taking!

Bayern vs Mainz today. I expect nothing less than a hat-trick from Lewandowski. :popcorn:

Against Mainz it must be a strong possibility!
  • Like 1

Bayern vs Mainz today. I expect nothing less than a hat-trick from Lewandowski. :popcorn:

2-0 Mainz at the half. :facepalm:

What a half time team talk!!
  • Like 1

2-0 Mainz at the half. :facepalm:

What a half time team talk!!

Ja! A five goal outburst for Bayern. :ebert: Lewandowski with only two goals. :boo hiss:
  • Like 1