The 2020/2021 Football/Soccer Thread

Nova Carmina

Anybody put a bet on a penalty shoutout? Although it's got the feel of someone nicking it in extra time.

Logic would suggest Italy.

They've got the momentum at the moment unless Southgate can play some kind of tactical change that would make a differenc.e

• Like 1

Anybody put a bet on a penalty shoutout? Although it's got the feel of someone nicking it in extra time.

They've got the momentum at the moment unless Southgate can play some kind of tactical change that would make a differenc.e

F O D E N !!!!!!!!!!!!

F O D E N !!!!!!!!!!!!

He`s not in the squad - he picked up a hair injury in training.

F O D E N !!!!!!!!!!!!

He`s not in the squad - he picked up a hair injury in training.

You mean this kind? :hug2:

How is that not a red for Jorginho?

I don`t think they`ve got a VAR today. A few things have happened that would have held up a PL game for five minutes.
  • Like 1

I wonder why it`s so much easier to envisage a bunch of blue shirts running around in victory than white shirts? Oh yes... it`s because it`s happened lots of times.
  • Like 1

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
  • Like 2

Nice picks, Southgate. All we needed was for you to take one. :moon:

That looked really dodgy, bringing on Sancho and Rashford, for their first touch as 3rd and 4th penalty takers :sigh:
  • Like 2

That looked really dodgy, bringing on Sancho and Rashford, for their first touch as 3rd and 4th penalty takers :sigh:

Also, I think that was Saka's third touch. :P
  • Like 2

So much for tactical substitutions for the purpose of penalty taking!

• Like 3

Let's face it, the country that implemented penalty kicks last, doesn't deserve to win in that fashion.
  • Like 2

Italy. I think they`ve got something cooking under Mancini - I`ve been a fully justified, handsome fool with overlooking them. They`re a proverbial winning machine and they could be hot at the right time.

I don`t know why I didn`t put any money on this. Och... I`m a silly man.
  • Like 1

Italy. I think they`ve got something cooking under Mancini - I`ve been a fully justified, handsome fool with overlooking them. They`re a proverbial winning machine and they could be hot at the right time.

Who do you like between Gloucestershire and Hampshire?
  • Like 1

It's only football but I can't stop crying. Orgogliosi di voi, ragazzi! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Like 1

There must be something else for you to watch :fuckinputer: Oh, and it`ll be a draw due to lots of rain of course.
  • Like 1

It's only football but I can't stop crying. Orgogliosi di voi, ragazzi! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

It`s good that you feel that happy, I`m pleased for you :D I would not have appreciated it anywhere near as much!
  • Like 1

However much England fans may be disappointed, I think they have to remember that this was a bl**dy good result to get to a final for the 1st time for a million years (well, since '66 - definitely 1st time in the Euros). And to get within touching distance of winning it by getting to penalties is not to be sniffed at.

They certainly didn't dominate the game - Italy did for much of it even though England did have their moments. So probably the right result in the end (I say through my tears - boo hoo)

• Like 3

Let's face it, the country that implemented penalty kicks last, doesn't deserve to win in that fashion.

Did you mean opt to go 2nd or something else? If you meant let Italy go 1st then I reckon they were thinking being at the England fan's end might help. Maybe it did and they might have missed all the penalties if they were at the other end!

Edited by Malignant Narcissist
  • Like 1

There must be something else for you to watch :fuckinputer: Oh, and it`ll be a draw due to lots of rain of course.

That would help Gloucestershire in the crucial table standings. I have to do something with myself before the Olympics start.
  • Like 1