219 replies to this topic

#1 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3037 posts
  • Interests:Rush, hiking, reading, golf, soccer

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:35 PM

So this seems as legitimately an arbitrary point as any, so with the Community Shield, and new season kicks off!

And Liverpool lose 4-5 on penalties to Arseanal and their horrible unis.

I'm not sure how I feel about the teal on the 'pool's uniforms, either.

C'mon you Reds!

Sponsored Post

#2 zepphead

zepphead

Rushaholic

• Members
  • 1846 posts
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:29 AM

Off to a losing start .... bummer.

#3 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3037 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:20 AM

Don't get me wrong -- I would rather they won! But, it's hard to read too much into this (I hope). Brewster is still pretty young, so his miss seems forgivable (and he's just practicing for a future World Cup match v. ze Germans!). Did Mane not take one, though?

Next!

#4 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2303 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, TV and films, Nature, Art/art history, US politics, Football (soccer) and most sports, Non-fiction, Not going out, Cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:33 AM

Massive news everyone, gather round! Tottenham will play Romania's Botosani or Macedonian club Shkendija in the third round of Europa League qualifying if they defeat Lokomotiv Plovdiv :huh:

I feel somewhat underwhelmed.

#5 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts
  • Interests:Chicago Blackhawks. Detroit Redwings. Guess which one I lied about.

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:56 PM

Nations League starts tomorrow with Latvia vs Andorra the early match. Still can't decide on the nightcap. Spain-Germany should be the obvious choice but there's also Turkey-Hungary, Bulgaria-Ireland, Finland-Wales... :wacko:

#6 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3037 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:14 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 02 September 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

Nations League starts tomorrow with Latvia vs Andorra the early match. Still can't decide on the nightcap. Spain-Germany should be the obvious choice but there's also Turkey-Hungary, Bulgaria-Ireland, Finland-Wales... :wacko:

Are you watching through the Tubes, or is it broadcast by some sportsy network?  I'd go Turkey-Hungary -- in a match like that, there's always the chance a mass brawl breaks out.

#7 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:22 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 02 September 2020 - 06:14 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 02 September 2020 - 05:56 PM, said:

Are you watching through the Tubes, or is it broadcast by some sportsy network?  I'd go Turkey-Hungary -- in a match like that, there's always the chance a mass brawl breaks out.
I will be glued to liveTV.ru. And yes, that's what I was thinking listing Turkey-Hungary, although our brothers could've put up more of a fight in 1683. :eyeroll:

#8 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:16 PM

Watching Latvia and Andorra was a mistake.  :zzz:

#9 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3037 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:58 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 03 September 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

What, no earth-shattering displays of prowess? Maybe the later games will provide more punch and wake you up.

#10 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3037 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

I've opted for Bulgaria-Ireland, and . . . it's not great so far.  I may switch over to Faroe Islands v. Malta -- it's a goal fest at 1-1.

#11 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:35 PM

View PostNova Carmina, on 03 September 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

View Postblackhawkrush, on 03 September 2020 - 01:16 PM, said:

What, no earth-shattering displays of prowess? Maybe the later games will provide more punch and wake you up.
Now I'm watching Turkey-Hungary and I still haven't seen any goals.  :banghead:

#12 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:23 PM

And Hungary has scored...and what a goal!  :chickendance:

#13 Nova Carmina

Nova Carmina

The Professor

• Members
  • 3037 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:26 AM

Ireland came back to tie it up at the very end -- I'm pretty sure the ref had started his inhale to blow the whistle -- so another draw on the day.

How do you like Poland's chances against the Dutch, Blackhawkrush?

#14 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 10:29 AM

View PostNova Carmina, on 04 September 2020 - 06:26 AM, said:

Ireland came back to tie it up at the very end -- I'm pretty sure the ref had started his inhale to blow the whistle -- so another draw on the day.

How do you like Poland's chances against the Dutch, Blackhawkrush?
Lewandowski won't play. Looks like we'll go with a 4-5-1 set up, which means playing defense for most of the match. Even Robert has big problems all by himself up front. I don't expect miracles from Milik or Piatek. A draw would be a great result for us.

#15 IbanezJem

IbanezJem

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2303 posts
  • Interests:Guitars, TV and films, Nature, Art/art history, US politics, Football (soccer) and most sports, Non-fiction, Not going out, Cats (especially black and white tuxedo cats)

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

International football without crowds is a struggle to watch, amiright? Feels even more laboured and not-as-good-as-league-football than usual.  Nations League is undoubtedly a fine idea though; Ramos would probably not have created a ruckus in injury time were it a normal friendly. Actually, scratch that - Ramos totally would have done that.

#16 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:54 PM

Holland 1 Poland 0 :sigh: It was all decided on a failed offside trap. Poland defending too much throughout the match. Every time the Dutch no.10 was touched, he would get a free kick from the Bulgarian referee. Italy drew with Bosnia, so the Monday game looms large for the boys...

#17 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 11:52 AM

Watching Iceland-England now. Poor first half for both sides. Kane's goal was unjustly called back for offside. I think the English commentators are beginning to see the advantage of having VAR. :P

#18 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 12:52 PM

View Postblackhawkrush, on 05 September 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Watching Iceland-England now. Poor first half for both sides. Kane's goal was unjustly called back for offside. I think the English commentators are beginning to see the advantage of having VAR. :P
Two penalty kicks in added time. :wacko:  England escapes with a 1-0 win.

#19 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:57 AM

Wales beats Bulgaria 1-0 after a goal in the 94th minute. :bang bang: :heart:  Looking forward to Hungary vs Russia and Spain vs Ukraine.

#20 blackhawkrush

blackhawkrush

Commit to the Indian

• Members *
  • 27182 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

Hungarians gave it a try...too little, too late. Spain-Ukraine is unwatchable. Gynecologists vs Long John Silver Impersonators. I can imagine what the Spaniards are going to do to us at EURO2020. :facepalm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users