Happy Birthday Alex

taurus

Perhaps the most under celebrated guitarist of all time. Happy birthday to the man who made the RRHOF ceremony actually worth watching.
  • Like 4

I forgot, but did comment about a month ago - they are about a month apart, Geddy and Alex.

I LOVE that picture of Alex with a beard! He looks amazing. Gandalf the Axe Slayer comes to mind :)

Happy Birthday Mr. Lifeson. You are the most humble, don't-pay-too-much-attention-to-me musician out there. (Not that the other two asked for the attention, it's just that Alex seemed to let things develop without him always being front and centre - hey, it's his band). There, I have now addressed all three with formality.

Two favourite quotes come to mind: "It's not real glass!" and "we were borrowing his amp anyway".

Thank you Alex for EVERYTHING you have allowed Rush to be. You and Geddy were so utterly trusting and ambitious, always, always reaching for new dimensions.

I read once the band was basically in debt for the first decade, because every new approach, new toys and technical tools were becoming available, and it mattered ALOT that you wanted to utilize them for your music.

May you have a grand day flying tomorrow or simply playing a round of golf. May you enjoy every moment, as I am sure you have been doing for a very long time.

All of it deserved, worked hard for, risked all for, rewarded for.

Congratulations, and...Happy Birthday :7up:

• Like 3

Happy Birthday Alex! Always loved your riffs!

:dweez: :sundog: :7up: :ebert: :hi: :yay: :cheerleader: :banana: :guitar: :banana: :cheerleader: :yay: :hi: :ebert: :7up: :sundog: :dweez:

• Like 2

Perhaps the most under celebrated guitarist of all time. Happy birthday to the man who made the RRHOF ceremony actually worth watching.

"Under celebrated of all time"......Not sure I would go that far..He did make the cover of Guitar Player 1980....and a few future covers over the years.........I know maybe as a general across the board poll he won't break the top 5......but he has always gotten praise from fellow musicians......as a wannabe guitar slinger I knew back in '76 ;)

As far as his acceptance speech.....it was humorous ...for about 10 seconds ......then??

Edited by Mr Freeze

Yeah Happy Birthday.

So, Lerxst..... when are you and the bass player going to start jamming again? We know it's not Rush. But it's still both of you.

We await more goodness from you two goofballs.

• Like 1

"Happy 68th Birthday, Alex". Wherever you are, right now, I hope you are able to have a relaxing, and enjoyable day.
  • Like 1

Happy Birthday Mr. Alex!

But it is you who have given us birthday presents with your new tunes!!! Sweet :)

• Like 1