ORFIE PASSED AWAY... (for real)

Laurabw

The post on his Facebook page didn’t have any details, but guessing from the length of his absence, he must’ve been ill for quite a while.

per his TRF profile his last activity on here was May 5

• Like 2

The post on his Facebook page didn’t have any details, but guessing from the length of his absence, he must’ve been ill for quite a while.

per his TRF profile his last activity on here was May 5

yeah, then his birthday was a few wks later and we posted on his fb page but no response to any of his posts them.

• Like 1

I didn't interact with him, but from what I could tell from his posts, he must've been a very nice man. And he had "likes" for everyone that posted birthday wishes for whomever. R.I.P. :rose:
  • Like 5

Shit.

:hail: to a TRF legend. ORF!

ETA: And, on cue, RUSH comes over the PA at the restaurant where I am.

Fighting back tears...

Edited by goose
  • Like 7

RIP

been on this board 13 years. Why doesn't Orfie ring a bell?

That was kind of his nickname; his forum name was Old Rush Fan. His avatar was a photo of Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino as he empathized with that character! He was on the Counterparts board for a long time and came here about 5 yrs ago? He lived in central Michigan, was retired from working in a Ford plant and had awesome musical and artist knowledge. :)

• Like 3

RIP

That was kind of his nickname; his forum name was Old Rush Fan. His avatar was a photo of Clint Eastwood from Gran Torino as he empathized with that character! He was on the Counterparts board for a long time and came here about 5 yrs ago? He lived in central Michigan, was retired from working in a Ford plant and had awesome musical and artist knowledge. :)

Don't forget all of his model kits he used to post pictures of.

• Like 5

:rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose:

13529078_10154331964088556_2966825625020988059_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_ohc=t9Ibbp_5aeYAX-UV22k&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ea41f61471a7e8b93f3a4a3d1fab1238&oe=5F5E0164

Very sad news, indeed, rest in peace Gary.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/MyStuff-TheKit.jpg

I look at this picture and can't help but smile.

Orf is wearing his Rush shirt in front of his drums with all of the rock posters on the wall.

He could have been a kid from the neighbourhood growing up back in the 1970's.

In fact, he was a kid in our TRF cyber-neighbourhood...

...with a shared love for music, among other things.

A true character...you, most certainly, will be missed my TRF brother.

1p19gc.gif

Edited by The Cat 3
  • Like 14

ORFie was one of the real good ones in the Rush fan community.

I didn't know him off the board but he was one of those real nice people that made you feel like you knew him anyway, even on an "anonymous" internet forum such as this. Some people don't feel anonymous, or feel like "just words on a page," and ORFie was one of them. Him and his bananas are going to be missed around here.

• Like 14

:rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose: :banana: :rose:

13529078_10154331964088556_2966825625020988059_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_sid=dbb9e7&_nc_ohc=t9Ibbp_5aeYAX-UV22k&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.xx&_nc_tp=6&oh=ea41f61471a7e8b93f3a4a3d1fab1238&oe=5F5E0164

:yes:

:rose:

• Like 5

RIP

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?/topic/97421-my-hobbymodels/

Dude was an artist.

• Like 6

Orf is wearing his Rush shirt in front of his drums with all of the rock posters on the wall.

1p19gc.gif

I love that photo of him! What a lovely tribute to him, Cat. :heart:

• Like 5

1p19gc.gif

I love that photo of him! What a lovely tribute to him, Cat. :heart:

Yes, it was.

• Like 2

My last video conversation with him was in March, and he looked good to me. He didn't give any indication he was ill.
  • Like 3

My last video conversation with him was in March, and he looked good to me. He didn't give any indication he was ill.

Maybe he had a massive stroke or heart attack.

• Like 1

RIP

http://www.therushfo...my-hobbymodels/

Dude was an artist.

Gary was found in his apartment Wednesday. The family is awaiting results from the autopsy.

That's so very awful to die alone like that. I was going to look up his obit, but you can keep us posted.

Oh this is so terrible, I just am so sad. To think of him dying alone, it stinks. Such a nice guy, always funny and he liked a lot of music I was fond of too. Damn, I knew he had gone silent earlier this year and I looked at his FB page but everything seemed ok, figured he would come back. :eh: :o

My hubby does military models and he remarked on how nice these planes were painted when I showed them to him. It was fun to know someone else who did this type of painting. :|

Rest In Peace dear Orfie :angel: :rose: I will never look at those banana gifs the same :(

• Like 6