ORFIE PASSED AWAY... (for real)

Laurabw

What news to hear, see, read, and find out about. A person, who I, and we knew from here. It could come as a shock, too. I'm sorry, and my heart felt condolences, and prayers to his family, and friends. For sure, he'll be missed. R.I.P., Orfie (Gary). Edited by Derek19
  • Like 6

This is terrible! ORFie was a legend on this forum. I can't remember how many times I read one his posts and wondered how he could possibly find so many banana images I'd never seen before. Not to mention he was an avid lover of music. He always seemed to have new albums coming in to listen to and seemed to be enjoying them all. Honestly, I'm not sure there was ever a more positive figure on TRF. I can't believe he's gone.

Rest in peace OldRushFan. Though I didn't ever know you in real life, you were a vital part of what has made my time on this forum so special. :rose:

• Like 9

I just woke up to this news. I knew ORF from the old Counterparts messageboard circa late 2000s, early 2010s. :( :rose:

He was a lovely man, always enjoyed his posts. Sadly, I don't believe I ever got the chance to meet him in real life, including any RushCons.

This is beyond sad. 2020 can go get bent. :rage:

• Like 7

Oh, this is very sad.

I kind of thought this may have happened. He was an active member then we heard nothing for so long. He was older and I believe diabetic as well which is a disease that unfortunately can cut a life very short.

EP is right about the banana images. I guess there must have been a lot out there on the internet. Whenever he would put one in his posts, I would always joking think to myself "where the heck is he getting these from?"

He was a huge music fan. Always had new stuff coming in and was always listening to something. There was even a few times I mentioned a band on here and he checked them out and he ordered their albums right away. If he liked, he didn't waste no time getting. What a music fan he was. He will be missed.

RIP Orfie

• Like 9

This makes me feel so sad. EP is right, Orfie was a legend here. We graduated from high school the same year and it was cool to know someone that shared the same time milestones. And those bananas! :heart: :heart: :heart: I loved seeing his model building and the progress he would make on them. His knowledge of obscure 60's rock and 70's TV shows was amazing. Like others on here, he somehow transcended the screen and the electrons to become a dear friend even though we never met in person. I'll really miss him. :rose: :rose: :rose:
  • Like 7

G-d f--kking d--nit!

I was another migratory animal from the CP board, and enjoyed ORF's choice comments.

Rest well, Gary, you will be sorely missed!

Of all days to hear this. S--t!

• Like 6

Oh my God, what?! I don't believe it...! I had about three video conversations with him on Messenger, and he was funny and sweet, and we had some laughs. He even spoke with Mr Babycat, and they got on quite well. ORFie was just as funny and sweet in here too. I have tears in my eyes as I write.

Rest in peace, ORFie, I'll miss you. :rose:

• Like 9

A sad blow. In his posts he always seemed like really well grounded guy who clearly loved music. He was always interesting to interact with. I can't say I knew him very well from the eight or nine months we overlapped, but from what others have posted, the impressions he left on people were valued.

Godspeed sir.

• Like 8

The post on his Facebook page didn’t have any details, but guessing from the length of his absence, he must’ve been ill for quite a while.

ORFi was so affable and fun, a true gent. I'll miss his model making antics. He gave some great advice for my son. Here's to you Orfie, you helped make this place to be great. :rose:

He was a genuine soul. Had a lot of humility too.

Absolutely. The positive energy he gave here was unique. I'll never see bananas again in the same light.

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 6