Rest in Peace Martin Birch

Dang.

Without a doubt one of the greatest producers of all time. I have always heard nothing but praise. Rest in peace dude.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this. For the work, and help he did with, and to Iron Maiden, he will be, and is noted, and missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Martin. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

I find it unusual that he retired at 43 to play golf...Maiden could have benefited significantly from his services, especially in albums which could use some trimming.

Maybe he made enough money and was able to retire early. Do we know what he died from? Perhaps some long standing health issues caused him to retire young. I agree that he probably would have gotten Maiden to trim some of the fat off their more recent albums if he worked on them. Maiden's bloated albums started once he was no longer there and they haven't let up on that format for 25 years now.

Incredible producer. I love Killers, and I love Somewhere in Time. 2 distinctly different releases, but both with Birch at the helm.

I think Maiden's first two albums are as good as anything they ever did with Bruce. Not better than Beast or Powerslave or the like, but certainly better than anything after 7th Son. Different, but equal to their best with Bruce.

• Like 1