What about DiCap?

JohnnyBlaze

What about Leonardo DiCaprio?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which DiCap movies would you give an A- grade or higher?

• What’s Eating Gilbert Grape?
    • The Basketball Diaries
    • The Quick and the Dead
    • Romeo + Juliet
    • Marvin’s Room
    • Titanic
    • The Man in the Iron Mask
    • Celebrity
    • The Beach
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • Gangs of New York
    • The Aviator
    • The Departed
    • Blood Diamond
    • Body of Lies
    • Revolutionary Road
    • Shutter Island
    • Inception
    • J. Edgar
    • Django Unchained
    • The Great Gatsby
    • The Wolf of Wall Street
    • The Revenant
    • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    • ((another film not mentioned which isn’t a documentary))
    • ((I wouldn’t give any of DiCap’s movies an A- or higher.))
  2. 2. How is Leonardo DiCaprio as an actor?

• Great! A real talent who’s up there with the best.
    • Very good actor with decades of modern classics under his belt.
    • Yeah, he’s good. Can’t deny that there’s a lot of enjoyable movies which he’s been a part of.
    • An okay actor who might be slightly overrated but I like some of his movies.
    • Just another one of those Hollywood faces with little acting skills who might be involved with a good movie from time to time. Risky.
    • Bad / Terrible actor. Can’t understand the appeal.

He's a bum. Not only that he's not even a man, he's an overgrown boy who looks ridiculous playing people like Howard Hughes as an old man. I can't take him seriously for one moment. I don't know what Scorsese was thinking using him in all those films. Another joke actor that the media talked up. Some Hollywood producers must laugh their heads off every time they see a film critic heap praise on this idiot.
  • Like 2

He's a bum. Not only that he's not even a man, he's an overgrown boy who looks ridiculous playing people like Howard Hughes as an old man. I can't take him seriously for one moment. I don't know what Scorsese was thinking using him in all those films. Another joke actor that the media talked up. Some Hollywood producers must laugh their heads off every time they see a film critic heap praise on this idiot.

Although “bum” isn’t specifically mentioned among the poll options, there are some choices that fit :yes:

• Like 1

He always looks like a boy trying to emulate his father. "LOOK I'M A MAN NOW!"
  • Like 3

He is another one. I like what I have seen him in and he was very very good in what I have seen him in but I have only seen about 5 of his movies.

A couple of his movies I hated but not because of him. They were just dumb movies.

The Departed and Django both get A's from me for being excellent movies and he is excellent in both.

I'm not a big fan; I don't know why but he rubs me the wrong way. probably the seeming so young thing.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape is one of my very favorite movies; such excellent performances from DiCaprio as well as Johnny Depp and Juliette Lewis. He was very good in Once Upon A Time in Hollywood as well but I think it's because he was playing a cheesy type character and I always consider his acting kind of cheesy?

I didn't mind Titanic and Catch Me If You Can but I wouldn't give them an A, more like a B. I haven't seen most of the rest.

Catch Me If You Can, The Revenant, and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood were good.

Didn’t like The Departed?

Didn't see it.

Ah ok. I liked it but I’d probably grade it a B. Nicholson seemed like he was exaggerating Nicholson. DiCap was alright in it but I thought Matt Damon did well as the scumbag rat.

Goose (Allen), I think he, and the movie "the Departed" are good. You should see, and watch it. I would recommend. In any of the movies listed that I've seen Leonardo in, I've liked, and enjoyed. Edited by Derek19

Catch Me If You Can was really good, and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood was good until the ridiculous pop-fizzle ending, but I have a problem with Leonardo DiCaprio in that he doesn't suspend my disbelief. I haven't seen many of his movies, because my reaction is always "Oh, look, it's Leonardo DiCaprio pretending to be __________". When I watch him, I never feel like I'm watching a character, only that I'm watching a famous Hollywood actor famously Hollywood acting.