Does Anyone Have Any Skipping (Scratched) Rush CDs/Vinyl?

_hi_water._

don't ask why I made this thread...

i used to have a Hemispheres 1997 Remastered CD that skipped on La Villa Strangiato at 3:20-3:25 and 4:12... but I replaced it with a new one. anyone else here who had/has a skipping CD/Vinyl?

Why did you make this thread?

I have had vinyl and many CDs skip a time or two. Who has not? Put a few pennies on the arm. It can help until you find a replacement.

Me thinks you feel alone in this dilemma. But don't!

There is not anything worse than a Deep Purple or Frank Zappa live vinyl record that suddenly sparks and reminds you that last time, the last time you played records...you were a bit careless.

Just remember, media today is repeatable. You can always get another one. Hopefully :)

• Like 2

I have a Van Halen CD (The Best of Both Worlds, Disc 2) that skips on a couple tracks.

Track 12 - Right Now

O-ne---- b-- y- o-ne--- (gets stuck)

Track 15 - Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love (Live)

y----e---s! ------ a--h---hhh---- (gets stuck)

Van Halen, sweet!

Not a mention in my musical interests, but they were early days fun. Throwing frizz bees around and cranking the RCM70 on the front lawn and throwing discs, "Aint talking 'bout love!"

Eruption? The beginning of You Really Got Me? Atomic Punk?!!

If they are skipping, you are probably experiencing extra time signatures, unawares.

My 2011 HYF remaster skips starting with Prime Mover. I looked at the CD and its got two straight lines of something on the surface like a smudge but I don't know where these come from. It only goes from the cardboard sleeve into the CD player and I never touch the surfaces

My 2011 HYF remaster skips starting with Prime Mover. I looked at the CD and its got two straight lines of something on the surface like a smudge but I don't know where these come from. It only goes from the cardboard sleeve into the CD player and I never touch the surfaces

surface scratches are possible to repair, but any scratches lower than the surface are near impossible to fix

my original copy of Draw the Line, had a unique skip in "I Wanna Know Why" where it skipped over the 2nd line "Feelin Mighty Slow" so it went "Kickin' Down The Road/With the Likes of You" but it sounded seamless.

Oh and my cat's breath smells like cat food

From the BBC.

How streaming music could be harming the planet

From The Conversation.

The environmental impact of music: digital, records, CDs analysed

From Discogs blog.

How To Determine The Condition Of A Vinyl Record

From The Council on Library and Information Resources.

Conditions That Affect CDs and DVDs

Edited by RushFanForever

With that particular album, I would recommend you hold a chisel where the scratches are, and bring a hammer down on it a couple of times.

• Like 1

In the mid 90s I was virtually homeless and broke.I lived in a one room hut and all I had apart from clothes was a boom box with mostly cassettes and about half a dozen CDs.I bought Counterparts new and literally played it to death.I still have it and if you look at it you would swear it would not play but it does perfectly.I also have the second vinyl album that I bought back when I was about 12yr in 74 which is Deep Purple Made in Japan.Played to death with worn out needles and surface scratches but still plays great with lots of atmosphere in them crackles.How I still have it is a wonder

I chuckled at those, thanks _hi_water._

The last one, Welcome To The Jungle could almost be an actual release?! Was never a big fan.

I chuckled at those, thanks _hi_water._

The last one, Welcome To The Jungle could almost be an actual release?! Was never a big fan.

• Like 1