Regis Philbin (1931 - 2020) What A Character!!

Principled Man

The man had something - call it charisma, savvy, chutzpah - but that something worked!!

He was a hoot!!

20110118__TV-Regis-Retiringp1.jpg?w=451

• Like 3

Charismatic is the perfect way to describe him. His personality just leaped right through the TV screen and filled up the whole room.

RIP

:yes:

One of my best memories of Philbin was when he was hosting Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.

A contestant, who ultimately went on to win the million dollars, was a totally annoying little jackass. He repeatedly tried to mimic Philbin and out-entertain him. You could see Philbin growing more and more annoyed as the game went on.

I was fairly sure that Philbin really wanted to slap the snot out of the little creep.... :bitchslap:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

RIP, Regis Philbin! :rose:

Seemed like a really nice guy and interesting to be around at all times.

OMG, dropping like flies. Damn 2020.

John Saxon today as well.

John Saxon was a Stud. A smooth actor, who made it look easy, and he shared the spotlight with Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon.

http://www.movieactors.com/freezes/freezes_J/_freezes_john_saxon/_top_pic_john_saxon.jpg

• Like 1

OMG, dropping like flies. Damn 2020.

John Saxon today as well.

John Saxon was a Stud. A smooth actor, who made it look easy, and he shared the spotlight with Bruce Lee in Enter The Dragon.

http://www.movieactors.com/freezes/freezes_J/_freezes_john_saxon/_top_pic_john_saxon.jpg

In my favorite MST3K episode, Mitchell, as well. His death scene in that dune buggy chase was cut out of the episode and had a great joke about it from Servo and Crow at the end.

“Guys, um, wasn’t John Saxon in this movie?”

“Oh, yeah!”

I'm sorry, to hear, see, and read this, and what he passed away from. Sometimes, I used to watch Regis and Kathie Lee, but when Regis, was the first, and regular host of "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire?", I watched that more often, which I liked a lot. I remember him on an episode of "Seinfeld", too. He will be missed. My condolences, to his family, and friends. R.I.P., Regis. Edited by Derek19