Pitt: Shit or The Shit?

JohnnyBlaze

Brad Pitt - How 'Bout Him?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which Brad Pitt (related) movies would you give an A- grade or higher?

• Thelma & Louise
    • Johnny Suede
    • Cool World
    • A River Runs Through It
    • Kalifornia
    • True Romance
    • Interview with the Vampire
    • Legends of the Fall
    • Seven
    • 12 Monkeys
    • Sleepers
    • The Devil's Own
    • Seven Years in Tibet
    • Meet Joe Black
    • Fight Club
    • Snatch
    • The Mexican
    • Spy Game
    • Ocean's Eleven
    • Troy
    • Ocean's Twelve
    • Mr. and Mrs. Smith
    • Babel
    • Ocean's Thirteen
    • The Assassination of Jesse James...
    • Burn After Reading
    • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
    • Inglourious Basterds
    • The Tree of Life
    • Moneyball
    • Killing Them Softly
    • World War Z
    • The Counselor
    • Fury
    • The Big Short
    • Allied
    • War Machine
    • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
    • (other movie not listed)
    • (none)
  2. 2. How is Brad Pitt as an actor?

• He's extremely versatile and believable in his roles. Hands down, he's my favorite of all time!
    • He might not be one of the all-time greats but he's a very good actor who I try to see every time.
    • He has his good and bad flicks just like every other actor but yeah, I'd say he's good.
    • He's okay overall. I don't think about him too much but he has been in some decent flicks.
    • He's not very good at all, below average even...but he does pick some enjoyable Hollywood movies to star in from time to time.
    • I may like some of the movies he's been in but he's a terrible actor.
    • Shitty actor in mostly shitty movies. He's lucky he's a name.

LeBouf...oh yeah, for sure. Much worse than Pitt. At least Pitt has been in movies I’ve enjoyed and has been ok in some scenes with his co-stars. LeBouf is just always garbage. Even outside of the movies he seems like trash.

Maybe that's why he fit the role of John McInroe in the tennis movie. He didn't have to pretend to be an a-hole.

Makes sense. But I couldn’t take the chance of watching that. I enjoy tennis too much to have LeBouf possibly/probably f**k it up

LeBouf...oh yeah, for sure. Much worse than Pitt. At least Pitt has been in movies I’ve enjoyed and has been ok in some scenes with his co-stars. LeBouf is just always garbage. Even outside of the movies he seems like trash.

Maybe that's why he fit the role of John McInroe in the tennis movie. He didn't have to pretend to be an a-hole.

Makes sense. But I couldn’t take the chance of watching that. I enjoy tennis too much to have LeBouf possibly/probably f**k it up

The Borg portrayal and back story is worth it.

The Borg portrayal and back story is worth it.

I saw some images of the movie and that guy who played Borg looked very similar

A River Runs Through It

Legends of the Fall

Seven

12 Monkeys

Fight Club

Ocean's 11

Burn After Reading

Inglourious Basterds

Tree of Life

Moneyball

The Big Short

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

So, which of these fall short of an A- and why?

A River Runs Through It

Legends of the Fall

Seven

12 Monkeys

Fight Club

Ocean's 11

Burn After Reading

Inglourious Basterds

Tree of Life

Moneyball

The Big Short

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

So, which of these fall short of an A- and why?

Is that a trick question?

I haven't seen 5 of those so I can't guess on them.

Inglourious Basterds had its ups and downs so i wouldn't give it anywhere near an A-. Also, I like Fassbender and Waltz quite a bit but they were outweighed by those I dislike.

I enjoyed Burn After Reading and he wasn't so bad in that actually. I was surprised. It's enjoyable and funny, but not A- funny. I'd give that a respectable B.

The Big Short was a good movie but it seemed a bit slow in parts. Another B grade.

"Brad Pittness" was shining in Seven and Fight Club...and that's not a good thing for me. Seven was much better than Fight Club due to Freeman and Spacey but I swear Pitt was close to ruining it for me. "What's in the box?!" Oh man. For years I thought I was the only who loathed that scene until I found meme upon meme upon meme. :LOL:

I think he's better when he plays it more understated like in Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood and Ad Astra. He was way over the top in 12 Monkeys, but that kinda worked in Gilliam's cartoony world. I think he's good overall though. Edited by Stormtron
  • Like 1

I think he's better when he plays it more understated like in Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood and Ad Astra. He was way over the top in 12 Monkeys, but that kinda worked in Gilliam's cartoony world. I think he's good overall though.

I didn't realize how many movies he'd actually been in and how few I've actually seen. I probably haven't seen more than a quarter his movies.

I love Brad Pitt! "MONEYBALL" BABY!!! He and the cast did justice to my OAKLAND A's!!!

I have an autographed Sports Illustrated magazine with Brad on the cover wearing and A's cap.

He's made some lame films but overall he's great.

"Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" is my favorite Tarantino flick. Brad deserved the Golden Globe and the Oscar. DiCaprio got screwed out the Golden Globe. JMO

I always liked "A River Runs Through It." When Brad was young I though he was going to be the next Robert Redford.

Kind of funny Robert is in "The Natural." My other all time favorite baseball movie.

• Like 1

I love Brad Pitt! "MONEYBALL" BABY!!! He and the cast did justice to my OAKLAND A's!!!

I have an autographed Sports Illustrated magazine with Brad on the cover wearing and A's cap.

"Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" is my favorite Tarantino flick. Brad deserved the Golden Globe and the Oscar. DiCaprio got screwed out the Golden Globe. JMO

I always liked "A River Runs Through It." When Brad was young I though he was going to be the next Robert Redford.

Kind of funny Robert is in "The Natural." My other all time favorite baseball movie.

SHIT. He's a joke actor.

• Like 1

SHIT. He's a joke actor.

LOL!

too funny

read the list twice. never saw any of the movies listed.

Wow. You've missed out on some good ones.

I dont doubt that. not that i intentionally avoided them i just dont watch that many movies. particulary at theaters, i guess i have seen fewer than 6 films in the theater since 1990ish and the last i saw in the theater was the first spongebob movie! ( with my kids)

I think Pitt is actually UNDERRATED as an actor.

How do you figure? He’s got some Academy Award acting nominations under his belt, and he won one recently. He’s also got a couple of Golden Globe wins too. Even in this thread the only negative opinion he’s gotten is from me, everyone else has been speaking highly of him.

How often do you hear his name mentioned in the context of being one of the era's best actors (not to be confused with "biggest star")?

Who are those best era actors you’re talking about? ...because I’d say Denzel and Daniel Day Lewis are the best actors of the last 30 years. And if you’re saying Pitt’s up there with those two behemoths then I couldn’t disagree with you more.

I find Day Lewis overrated.

I meant to answer this a bit before. I haven't minded him. From the movies I've watched him in, it's been positive without any problems, and issues.