Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door : Which Song Do You Like Best?

The Cat 3

Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door : Which Song Do You Like Best?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Led Zeppelin - In Through The Out Door : Which Song Do You Like Best?

• In the Evening
    • South Bound Saurez
    • Fool in the Rain
    • Hot Dog
    • Carouselambra
    • All My Love
    • I'm Gonna Crawl

If times were tough for Zeppelin during 'Presence' the worst was yet to come!

Plant's son had died suddenly in '77 which in my view sowed the seeds of Plant's future distancing from Zeppelin.

Punk was at it's height in UK and Zeppelin (along with many others) had become a pariah here. I was working in a record shop

at the time to supplement Uni and the amount of hatred i witnessed for bands like Zeppelin was unbelievable.

However when 'In Through The Out Door' arrived, even biased old me had to admit that the creative juices were drying up for Led Zeppelin.

'In The Evening' was a reasonable album opener, heaviest song on the album but i found it just ok.

Best track for me and hence recipient of my vote goes to 'Fool In The Rain'. Fairly easy going song with some beautiful percussion from Bonham.

Honourable mention to 'All My Love' .... a touching tribute to Plant's son Karac.

• Like 3

From Led Zeppelin's In Through the Out Door, the song I like best, and my favorite is "Carouselambra".
  • Like 2

Plant's son had died suddenly in '77 which in my view sowed the seeds of Plant's future distancing from Zeppelin.

Punk was at it's height in UK and Zeppelin (along with many others) had become a pariah here. I was working in a record shop

at the time to supplement Uni and the amount of hatred i witnessed for bands like Zeppelin was unbelievable.

However when 'In Through The Out Door' arrived, even biased old me had to admit that the creative juices were drying up for Led Zeppelin.

'In The Evening' was a reasonable album opener, heaviest song on the album but i found it just ok.

Best track for me and hence recipient of my vote goes to 'Fool In The Rain'. Fairly easy going song with some beautiful percussion from Bonham.

Honourable mention to 'All My Love' .... a touching tribute to Plant's son Karac.

Were the creative juices drying up or was Page deep in the throws of heroin addiction or was it a bit of both?

• Like 3

Were the creative juices drying up or was Page deep in the throws of heroin addiction or was it a bit of both?

Hehehe a bit of both, plus Bonzo was getting even deeper into the .... :hail: :hail: :hail: lol! Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

OK, have to be honest and say I was into other bands at this point and I don't think I have ever listened to the whole album. I do like Fool In The Rain a lot, though.
  • Like 1

"In the Evening" is a great song, full stop, no matter which album it would have appeared on. Good build-up, nice mix of the on-brand light and shade.

:yes:
  • Like 1

Who is playing the piano in The Rain Song - Jonesy? Wiki doesn't say, and I don't own the album to look at it.

Despite this being an 'In Through The Out Door' thread, I will assume you are talking about 'The Rain Song' from 'Houses Of The Holy' on which JPJ plays keyboards - predominantly mellotron.

If you mean 'Fool In The Rain' it was again JPJ on piano.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 1

Who is playing the piano in The Rain Song - Jonesy? Wiki doesn't say, and I don't own the album to look at it.

Despite this being an 'In Through The Out Door' thread, I will assume you are talking about 'The Rain Song' from 'Houses Of The Holy' on which JPJ plays keyboards - predominantly mellotron.

If you mean 'Fool In The Rain' it was again JPJ on piano.

I know which album it is on, but I asked it here because this is a led zep thread and didn't feel like searching for the appropriate LZ thread.

Which gives me an idea for a new thread in this section - The Random Music Question Thread.

• Like 1