New Alex interview

thizzellewashington

I really enjoyed this. Alex seems to be doing ok. It's been said before but he really is such a nice guy.
  • Like 1

About 13 minutes long, with a guy from PRS Guitars. Alex sounds like he's doing well. Good to hear his voice.

Not just a guy from Paul Reed Smith, that's Paul Reed Smith. ;)

Not just Paul Reed Smith, but THE Paul Reed Smith from PRS Guitars! :P

• Like 2

Great interview...I can't help but think that both Geddy and Alex had a lot of reflection to do once Neil passed. I can imagine them questioning "was it all worth it?". The years of touring, time away from family etc.

Here they were, all three of them ready to settle into retirement (at least, as close to retired as a musician can get), all the time in the world to spend with family and friends and Neil is struck down pretty much right at the beginning of it.

There is one part in "Wandering the Face of the Earth" (I believe a snippet from an interview Alex gave in the early to mid 80's) where he said he wouldn't do it over again if he had the choice and said how much he'd like to have a normal job putting up fences with his brother-in-law. I guess everyone questions what they've done with their life from time to time.

I think that Alex has to admit at this stage of the game that he made the right decision. He was clearly meant to be a musician, even now starting to get back into playing a little bit.

• Like 3

Loved to hear Alex's voice and to see he's doing ok. But man...you have the chance to talk to Alex freaking Lifeson and you don't have questions prepared? "What are your hobbies?"...really? I could think of a gazillion questions for him, even not mentioning anything pertaining to Rush. That sounded more like a conversation between friends, with not may takeaways really, and to me it felt like a missed opportunity.
  • Like 1

It's hard for me to connect that friendly golfer dad with the possessed maniac who wrote La Villa Strangiato.

I like both versions of Alex.

Hell, Lifeson's grandkids might be approaching junior high already.

His son is about 50 years old so there's a good chance his grandchildren are already in college.

Loved to hear Alex's voice and to see he's doing ok. But man...you have the chance to talk to Alex freaking Lifeson and you don't have questions prepared? "What are your hobbies?"...really? I could think of a gazillion questions for him, even not mentioning anything pertaining to Rush. That sounded more like a conversation between friends, with not may takeaways really, and to me it felt like a missed opportunity.

I agree! If I had to hear PRS say he had been to Canada one more time I was gonna bail. I prefer your interviews! :)

It's hard for me to connect that friendly golfer dad with the possessed maniac who wrote La Villa Strangiato.

he's so goofy but he's also a musical genius. all three of them are so humble.
  • Like 1

Hell, Lifeson's grandkids might be approaching junior high already.

His son is about 50 years old so there's a good chance his grandchildren are already in college.

Maybe. But I do remember some article talking about how he was playing with his maybe toddler age grandkids. That might’ve been a decade back

• Like 1

Perhaps too casual, but honestly I would listen to Alex (or Geddy) discuss almost anything.

It's Alex's grin or when he decides not to make a joke about something but his cheeks have already moved into position.

He makes me smile. Often :)

• Like 1