Can you name the bassist by the bass?

edhunter

This was fun ... i scored 14 although i got 3 on 50/50 guesses and had no clue to the double bass player
  • Like 1

14/15. I guessed on two of them, and I missed the one with the upright bass.

This was fun ... i scored 14 although i got 3 on 50/50 guesses and had no clue to the double bass player

Gotta know your double bass players!

ngl I wasn't 100% sure on that one either, but I did get it.

• Like 2

9/15

At least three or four that I got right were guesses. Seriously, I knew f**k all about a lot of the names here. I did know who Cliff Burton and Steve Harris were as soon as I saw their pictures though.

• Like 1

14/15. Didn't know who Thundercat was, and some were guesses, except for two:

Larry Graham: The white suit gave him up, made it easy.

God as first picture: Jesus K. Riest, if I would have missed Jamerson, I would have been banned from 'Town.

Edited by pjbear05

8/15. Flea was a lucky guess. Lemmy and Bruce were calculated guesses. The ones I knew for sure by their basses were Bootsy, Entwhistle, Jaco. I knew Burton and Harris by other clues (Buton's clothing and Harris' hair)

There's a guitar quiz on that page too. It was a little easier for me than the bass quiz. I got 14/15 on that one. #11 totally stumped me.

https://reverb.com/n...by-their-guitar

11/15.

The acoustic guitar one was interesting. It looks pretty generic but there is a clue there.

I got it wrong. What's the clue?

There's a guitar quiz on that page too. It was a little easier for me than the bass quiz. I got 14/15 on that one. #11 totally stumped me.

11/15.

The acoustic guitar one was interesting. It looks pretty generic but there is a clue there.

There's something on the guitar that you don't normally see on an acoustic.

11/15.

Interesting, but I didn`t think that 'something' was unique for an acoustic...(and I missed this one as well)

was it the placement right near the neck?

10/15, but I missed a few easy ones apparently (George Benson should have been a no-brainer)

11/15.

Interesting, but I didn`t think that 'something' was unique for an acoustic...(and I missed this one as well)

was it the placement right near the neck?

To your spoiler question, yes. A pickup on an acoustic is not unusual, but a Strat-style pickup mounted right near the fingerboard is not common. John's guitar is the only one where I've seen that kind of setup. I remember seeing that years ago and it's the only reason I answered that one correctly.

• Like 1

Aced the guitar quiz, although I had a good bit of help. It was in the form of a coffee table book similar to BBBoB.

Star Guitars: 101 Guitars That Rocked thethe World, by Dave Hunter, with a foreword by some Texas plank spanker named Billy F Gibbons. The book is beautifully illustrated, starting with a cutout cover revealing a picture of Eric Clapton's Gibson SG, The Fool. The articles describe the guitar, some of the interesting features of the instrument and it's build, and in some cases information on amp set ups and other rigging.

Among the interesting instruments shown are:

The aforementioned The Fool, along with Beano and Blackie (Clapton)

The aforementioned Mr. Gibbons' "Pearly Gates" Les Paul

Hamer's custom axes for Rick Nielsen, emphasizing the quintuple neck instrument

Hendrix's Strats and the Beatles' Ricks.

Tony Iommi's "Old Boy" (which is NOT an SG) and Neil Young's "Old Black".

Angus' SG and Malcolm's Gretsch Jet Firebird.

" Frankenstrat ", "Trigger", "The Red Special", "Lucille", "Number One" and "Lenny", The Brad Paisley Telecaster, "This Machine Kills Fascists", and many more.

An absolutely gorgeous book that Karen found in a Barnes & Noble location that was being evicted by the mall owner. The book was gifted to me for 65th birthday.

Magnificent! Get it, if you can.

Edited by pjbear05