#81 TheGhostRider

TheGhostRider

The Seeker

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Rush, Music, World War I and II History, Computers, Classic Rock

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:00 PM

View Posttaurus, on 12 July 2020 - 09:50 PM, said:

There actually was a Rush 40th but it did not contain any extra music material. Just a box with some cards and a vinyl pressing with Moon Records replica labels. Nice package in it's own right but would it have been too much to ask for a board recording and maybe a replica 45 of Not Fade Away/Can't Fight It on some tie-dye vinyl or something equally groovy?

Would really dig a CoS 40th with a full headline show

You can Stream shows from the Rush Tour on ABC 1974, and The Very Best Of Rush broadcasting Live: Rare Gems From The Vaults: Volume 1. It's not bundled with the album but these are the best existing recordings from that Tour that we have.

Edited by TheGhostRider, 22 February 2021 - 09:01 PM.

Sponsored Post

#82 currygoat11

currygoat11

Long Awaited Froind

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 February 2021 - 10:24 PM

Of all their albums, I was wondering who at this point doesn't have Moving Pictures pretty well covered.  I don't think a boxedxset would fly off the shelves.

well I thought the point was to release something new, like the trend we've seen with these amazing live tracks.

#83 Geddyleegenes

Geddyleegenes

The Seeker

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 07:30 PM

Was going to post this in a new topic, but decided to just put it here instead.  It basically fits.

As I post this, today is February 26th, 2021.  It's the exact 40th anniversary of my first Rush concert.

Thursday night, February 26th, 1981.  Chicago's International Amphitheater.  The Moving Pictures tour.

16 years old.  First Rush concert.  First concert.  There with my best friend, Joe.  His Dad drove us down there and spent the evening at a nearby bar.  Joe had introduced me to Rush about a year earlier.  Thank you, Joe.  I love you, man!

#84 Bahamas

Bahamas

The Seeker

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • Location:Thunder Bay, ON (Born and raised in Willowdale, ON).
  • Interests:Music, cooking together in the kitchen with cocktails, reading, winter wilderness survival, sailing, canoeing, cycling, audio systems.

Posted 26 February 2021 - 08:05 PM

Sweet, Geddyleegenes. I was about that age for my first Rush concert.

Just to get geeky and peruse Wandering The Face Of The Earth: Tickets: $9.50 - $11.50, Max Webster supporting act. 9,854 fans joined you for a sold out show.

#85 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 78884 posts
  • Interests:marxism

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:16 PM

View PostWeatherman, on 22 February 2021 - 10:32 AM, said:

View PostLurkst, on 05 January 2021 - 06:21 PM, said:

View PostKrystal, on 31 December 2020 - 04:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

Just looking at that record sleeve again gives me the shivers. So many memories. It was the best f***ing thing I'd bought in my life.
Yeah that cover takes me back to a very different time in my life. Teenage years.
Equally happy to now, but very, very different.
The inner, sleeve man!  It was one of those cool heavy inner sleeves, not the cheap paper kind.  And those black and white time-lapse photos...

Posted Image

#86 YYZ Working Man

YYZ Working Man

Solar Federalist

• Members
  • 2226 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 12:28 AM

coney hatch

#87 YYZ Working Man

YYZ Working Man

Solar Federalist

• Members