Music you like that others would laugh at?

Rhyta

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Don't worry I like progressive/heavy metal/hard rock bands better...

I like 3 and a half of those bands.

Half?

• Like 1

I am a big fan of Kate Bush ......... most of my mates just don't get that!

Love Runnin up that Hill, I haven't listened to her in awhile. Used to have a friend from New York (he's moved back) and he had all her albums.

Yes, I also have all her stuff. She played some shows in London in 2014 (her first live shows since 1979) and i was fortunate enough

to get a ticket. It was superb and definitely one of my top 5 gigs of all time.

• Like 1

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Half?

maybe it's Maroon 2.5 or else 10.5 pilots
  • Like 2

I am a big fan of Kate Bush ......... most of my mates just don't get that!

I love her as well and I'm in the states. Amazing vocal talent, but she does get a little too artsy fartsy for her own good.

• Like 1

Incubus would be the one current band that some would roll their eyes at.

Their early material was really interesting but they got lumped into the nu metal genre. I don't find their latest material interesting...sounds like movie soundtracks. Brandon gets a bad rap as the 'pretty boy' lead singer, but he's a great singer. I watched a youtube years ago of them doing an 'unplugged' concert with a really small audience. They turned alot of their songs into sort of soft jazz versions. You gotta have musical dexterity and chops to be able to do that.

Their S.C.I.E.N.C.E. album is my favorite where they almost have musical ADHD. One part of a song can sound like Steely Dan and the other part like thrash metal.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

I am a huge Taylor Swift fan, and don't give a shit what anyone thinks.
  • Like 4

In my younger days, I collected albums like crazy. So, on my music shelf, I had Iron Maiden next to ABBA next to Rush next to Billy Joel next to Devo next to Chipmunks next to Molly Hatchet next to Howard Jones...You decide who to laugh at.
  • Like 5

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Half?

Maroon 5 have become decidedly unlikeable in recent years, but their older stuff was pretty good.

• Like 3

Virgil Fox's Heavy Organ. Virgil toured with an electronic Rogers organ which reproduced the sound of a pipe organ. Program was mostly Bach, interspersed with introductions by Virgil. He recorded albums at Filmore East, Winterland, and Carnegie Hall. I saw him 3 times in the Detroit area, including the Redford Theater, which houses a theater organ that they occasionally use to accompany silent films.
  • Like 3

Imagine Dragons

I saw them at an outdoor festival a few years ago. I didn’t go to see them. They just happened to be playing before Smashing Pumpkins.

Anyway, the first few tunes were enjoyable but after maybe the 4th or 5th song I just...got bored. Nothing bad. But yeah, I would’ve walked away but I didn’t want to lose my spot.

Who in heck put Imagine Dragons and Smashing Pumpkins on the same bill? I think I'm the only person I know who would've enjoyed both of them.

I saw Noel Gallagher open for Smashing Pumpkins and that's almost as bad of a mix. He played Wonderwall and every white girl in the audience sang along, then he played his new stuff and everyone fell asleep.

Yeah that wouldn't really work either, lol. At least they're from the same era though. Imagine Dragons with Smashing Pumpkins makes about as much sense as Lou Reed with Metallica....wait a second...

Makes as much sense as Billy Corgan being linked to Jessica Simpson and Tila Tequila...WAIT A MINUTE!

As for Fallout Boy, what Elvis Costello said about Morrissey? Yeah.

ral2uBl.jpg

• Like 1

Imagine Dragons

I saw them at an outdoor festival a few years ago. I didn’t go to see them. They just happened to be playing before Smashing Pumpkins.

Anyway, the first few tunes were enjoyable but after maybe the 4th or 5th song I just...got bored. Nothing bad. But yeah, I would’ve walked away but I didn’t want to lose my spot.

Who in heck put Imagine Dragons and Smashing Pumpkins on the same bill? I think I'm the only person I know who would've enjoyed both of them.

I saw Noel Gallagher open for Smashing Pumpkins and that's almost as bad of a mix. He played Wonderwall and every white girl in the audience sang along, then he played his new stuff and everyone fell asleep.

Yeah that wouldn't really work either, lol. At least they're from the same era though. Imagine Dragons with Smashing Pumpkins makes about as much sense as Lou Reed with Metallica....wait a second...

Makes as much sense as Billy Corgan being linked to Jessica Simpson and Tila Tequila...WAIT A MINUTE!

ral2uBl.jpg

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Harder To Breathe is the one Maroon 5 song I love. Can’t believe this is the same band that is doing EDM pop crap now. Luke from the Rocked Youtube channel gave that kind of music a perfect name recently...grocerycore. :LOL:

If I hear any Maroon 5 song post-Sugar playing in the grocery store, I'm gonna have to fight a powerful urge to ask the manager to relinquish control of the playlist. How in the world did they get the Super Bowl half time show spot? Was literally nobody else available?

I'm sorry, modern Maroon 5 is barely even music. Just some patterns of air wiggles.

That bloody Jagger song is where they jumped the shark for life and Levine has gotten worse since.

• Like 2

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Half?

Maroon 5 have become decidedly unlikeable in recent years, but their older stuff was pretty good.

I REALLY like Maroon 5's first 3 albums then they became like every other watered down pop act.

those first 3 though are a really enjoyable pop/rock/funk blend.

Mick

• Like 1

Backstreet boys.

Mick

They sound great compared to today’s pop which is either noisy auto tune or boring mumble rap and Lorde wannabes. Hell, they had a hilarious cameo in This Is The End.

the backstreet boys are well crafted pop in my book and they all CAN sing.

i'll stand by that.

Mick

• Like 1

Imagine Dragons

%20https%3A//imgur.com/ral2uBl.jpg

Well see the ironic thing is Elvis Costello actually appears on a Fall Out Boy song.

http://youtu.be/Md9XA2v0lLY

So I'm guessing he likes them, lol.

• Like 2

I don’t know if they’d laugh, or not, but I love all of that great 1960s music backed by The Wrecking Crew...

Sonny & Cher

The Monkees

The Mamas and The Papas

The Partridge Family

The 5th Dimension

Neil Diamond

The Carpenters

Glen Campbell

...and on and on and on.

• Like 4

I'd have to go with Toto. now more people like them HERE. but i've gotten looks elsewhere.

In a neal morse group i'm part of Someone reacted to this like i said i burn puppies alive. he just could not fathom i could like Toto. like it was an impossibility. lol.

Mick

• Like 2

I also love the movie and music to Grease for some unknown reason.

Doesn't everyone? :LOL: :heart: The first few times we watched it and my daughters were young I used to tell them "Don't change yourself just to keep a guy . . " They were like "What? Summer lovin', had me a blast!" :LOL: :LOL: The music and performances overrode everything; they never even noticed Sandy turned greaser just to keep her boyfriend.

That was ok too, then we could watch the movie more without me blah blah blah ing . . .

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 4