Music you like that others would laugh at?

Rhyta

I listen to a lot of music while I read TRF and other spots on the net. I listen lots to Rush, The Beatles and Jean Luc-Ponty . I do have a funny attachment to a group of songs (33) that used to be played on the Weather Channel's Weatherscan. It went away about 5 years ago and it drove me nuts not being able to listen to it. I used it for background music all the time and just enjoyed getting lost in the music and forgetting whatever was stressing me out. I know some will scoff and scorn but I found the songs and downloaded them all so I listen to them at least once a week.

So anybody else want to share their strange or odd likes? Be brave :scared: :popcorn: ;)

• Like 4

The soundtrack to the children movie series Hotwheels Acceleracers. It's an oddly specific and only slightly diluted mix of mid 00s rock, rap, metal, and edm, most of it made specifically for the movie but a few songs by actual recording artists towards the end. I unashamedly love most of it despite the corny racing lyrics and stereotypical genreisms. It also introduced me to perhaps my favorite pop-punk band, Eve 6, through the song "Open Road Song" which closed out the CD in style.
  • Like 2

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Don't worry I like progressive/heavy metal/hard rock bands better...

I like 3 and a half of those bands.

Imagine Dragons

I saw them at an outdoor festival a few years ago. I didn’t go to see them. They just happened to be playing before Smashing Pumpkins.

Anyway, the first few tunes were enjoyable but after maybe the 4th or 5th song I just...got bored. Nothing bad. But yeah, I would’ve walked away but I didn’t want to lose my spot.

Imagine Dragons

I saw them at an outdoor festival a few years ago. I didn’t go to see them. They just happened to be playing before Smashing Pumpkins.

Anyway, the first few tunes were enjoyable but after maybe the 4th or 5th song I just...got bored. Nothing bad. But yeah, I would’ve walked away but I didn’t want to lose my spot.

Who in heck put Imagine Dragons and Smashing Pumpkins on the same bill? I think I'm the only person I know who would've enjoyed both of them.

bossa nova

I love Brazilian music, Jobim and Tania Maria :D

Edited by Rhyta

Imagine Dragons

Who in heck put Imagine Dragons and Smashing Pumpkins on the same bill? I think I'm the only person I know who would've enjoyed both of them.

I saw Noel Gallagher open for Smashing Pumpkins and that's almost as bad of a mix. He played Wonderwall and every white girl in the audience sang along, then he played his new stuff and everyone fell asleep.

• Like 3

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Harder To Breathe is the one Maroon 5 song I love. Can’t believe this is the same band that is doing EDM pop crap now. Luke from the Rocked Youtube channel gave that kind of music a perfect name recently...grocerycore. :LOL:

• Like 2

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

Harder To Breathe is the one Maroon 5 song I love. Can’t believe this is the same band that is doing EDM pop crap now. Luke from the Rocked Youtube channel gave that kind of music a perfect name recently...grocerycore. :LOL:

If I hear any Maroon 5 song post-Sugar playing in the grocery store, I'm gonna have to fight a powerful urge to ask the manager to relinquish control of the playlist. How in the world did they get the Super Bowl half time show spot? Was literally nobody else available?

I'm sorry, modern Maroon 5 is barely even music. Just some patterns of air wiggles.

• Like 2

Imagine Dragons

I saw Noel Gallagher open for Smashing Pumpkins and that's almost as bad of a mix. He played Wonderwall and every white girl in the audience sang along, then he played his new stuff and everyone fell asleep.

Yeah that wouldn't really work either, lol. At least they're from the same era though. Imagine Dragons with Smashing Pumpkins makes about as much sense as Lou Reed with Metallica....wait a second...

• Like 2

Imagine Dragons

SummerSonic in Japan. Dozens of musicals acts on separate stages simultaneously. That same weekend I saw Metallica, Muse, Cheap Trick, Smashing Pumpkins, and Johnny Marr. That’s who I went to see. Then, I saw Imagine Dragons, My Bloody Valentine, BabyMetal, and other acts I didn’t care about who happened to “be in the way”

• Like 2

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

How is that possible when all four of them combined don't equal one band?

Imagine Dragons

SummerSonic in Japan. Dozens of musicals acts on separate stages simultaneously. That same weekend I saw Metallica, Muse, Cheap Trick, Smashing Pumpkins, and Johnny Marr. That’s who I went to see. Then, I saw Imagine Dragons, My Bloody Valentine, BabyMetal, and other acts I didn’t care about who happened to “be in the way”

Also, you have to remember: the world isn’t North America. Soooo, a lot of the acts I mentioned probably wouldn’t travel to Japan on their own but they would if they were mixed with other acts, especially big name hitters like Metallica and Muse.

• Like 3

Twenty One Pilots?

Fall Out Boy?

Imagine Dragons?

Maroon 5?

How is that possible when all four of them combined don't equal one band?

That's right, 21 Pilots plus Maroon 5 must equal 26 Maroon Pilots, enough to form at least 8 bands, plus one Fall Out Boy and an unspecified number of Imagine Dragons. No way you're getting just one band out of all those numbers!

Imagine Dragons

Also, you have to remember: the world isn’t North America. Soooo, a lot of the acts I mentioned probably wouldn’t travel to Japan on their own but they would if they were mixed with other acts, especially big name hitters like Metallica and Muse.

Here you go!

The Saturday & Sunday lineups for Osaka in 2013

https://www.summersonic.com/2013/lineup/osaka.html

Oh, not My Bloody Valentine, it was Bullet for my Valentine :LOL:

Side note funny: A few songs into it the lead singer said something like, “Okay, listen up everybody! Let’s back the f**k up and make a huge circle. We can get a huge mosh pit going on so we can rock this shit! Make it f***in’ big! Come on! f***in’ bigger!!!” Most didn’t understand because most couldn't speak or understand English. He should’ve learned how to say that in Japanese because he looked frustrated. :LOL:

• Like 2

I am a big fan of Kate Bush ......... most of my mates just don't get that!

Love Runnin up that Hill, I haven't listened to her in awhile. Used to have a friend from New York (he's moved back) and he had all her albums.

• Like 3