The Official 2020 College Football thread

Well, the season is fast approaching, and the Big 10 and Pac 12 have announced they're playing conference games only.

I for one am hoping that all of the Power 5 does this; then Notre Dame wouldn't have a season (or maybe they could play for the Commander in Chief trophy.

Bwahahahahahaha!

cMgb80w.jpg

Lol! :P

I always like to see Penn State play. I think we will all have to see if the players can stay away from the rest of the partying University students long enough to get through the season. I hope for everyone's sake that it works.

Edited by blueschica

cMgb80w.jpg

Ouch. Per chance a Michigan fan?

Big 10 gonna play. Hello, Pac 12? Anybody in there?

OU Sooner fan, but will take every opportunity I can to poke at THE Ohio State University. Between their fans and Alabama fans, I'm not sure who is more obnoxious.

Could not agree more especially when it comes to "the". I always refer to it as "a university in the state of Ohio". So pretentious.

Indiana breaks 41 game losing streak to top ten teams in a bizarre game decided by a questionable call on a 2 point conversion. In the last two minutes, Indiana let PSU score to go up 28-20 when PSU could have run the clock down to about 10 seconds, the runner realizing he should have taken a knee a half second too late, and an Indiana offense who only had 133 yards to that point drove 75 yards in less than two minutes.

Somewhere, Joe Paterno is burning a little bit hotter.

Yeah, @laughedatbytime that final play of Indiana/Penn State was truly bee zarr. I was working the rewind and replay buttons of the remote 3 or 4 times and running the replay frame by frame to see what was what. The ball carrier touched the ball on the pylon FIRST. In college, that's the same as breaking the plane of the goal line; simultaneous 2 point play is good and dead ball-game over, Hoosiers win.

Not sure which was crazier, that or the Days Game 4 Series victory. Bee zarr!

OK St down 3 against Texas. Texas regained possession with less than 4 min on a controversial reversal of a catch, and OK St chose to punt. When I saw the play, I thought the controlling hand came of the ball when it hit the ground, and the booth agreed. Announcers were surprised at the replay call. Edited by goose

About 2/3s of the way through the second quarter in the two network games involving the SEC and Big XII today, there have been 49 pts scored in the SEC game and 6 in the Big XII game.

Liberty lined up for the game winning FG but the kick is blocked and Virginia Tech player runs it in for the score. BUT WAIT! VT coach called a TO at the last second to "ice" the kicker so he gets to try again, and, you guessed it, through the uprights and Liberty wins.

Massive, DOH!

• Like 1