3 21st Century Rush Songs Part V

ST3V

Rush 2000s Songs  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• How It Is
    • The Way The Wind Blows
    • Halo Effect

Part 5 of this poll series covers 3 songs that feature Acoustic guitar.

I feel all 3 of these are the weakest songs from all three albums (excluding BU2B2), but Halo Effect takes my vote by a long shot

How It Is for me

You can't tell yourself not to care

You can't tell yourself how to feel

I love the sentiment of the song, and I find the ironic juxtaposition of the melody and lyrics artistically clever.

Gotta go with the sentimental choice here. Halo Effect came out about the same time I had my first high school crush. Also I didn't hear the other two until multiple years later, and I don't have as fond of a memory for them.
  • Like 1

Gotta go with the sentimental choice here. Halo Effect came out about the same time I had my first high school crush. Also I didn't hear the other two until multiple years later, and I don't have as fond of a memory for them.

The strings on that song are phenomenal...
  • Like 1

Indeed.

Indeed.

I ranked Clockwork Angels in the teens... of ranking Rush albums. Now I feel like putting it higher...

Then Power Windows and Grace Under Pressure would be down there, and I don't want them down there.

Damn, life is full of hard decisions.

To, and for me, I've liked the songs "How It Is", and "the Way the Wind Blows" as they've been, and are on my personal top thirty, forty, and fifty. I've picked, and chosen "How It Is".