What happened to De Niro?

treeduck

I think what's happening with him is the same as Nicholas Cage: they need the money, so they lower the bar and start doing whatever projects they can. Actually, between De Niro and Cage, it's hard to decide who's the main offender.

I don't remember Jack Nicholson's career hitting the skids like De Niro and he's worth around the same amount and he did the smart thing and retired in 2013. Nowadays his career is looking a lot more impressive than De Niro's.

He picked a bad movie to retire on. How Do You Know was awful. Can’t believe this is from the writer director behind classics like Broadcast News and As Good As It Gets. No different from Gene Hackman retiring with Welcome To Mooseport.

At least they retired when they did a bad movie instead of doing 50 more like De Niro.

They’ve done some stinkers and disappointments too. Loose Cannons, Heartburn, The Chamber, Behind Enemy Lines.

I don't remember Jack Nicholson's career hitting the skids like De Niro and he's worth around the same amount and he did the smart thing and retired in 2013. Nowadays his career is looking a lot more impressive than De Niro's.

He picked a bad movie to retire on. How Do You Know was awful. Can’t believe this is from the writer director behind classics like Broadcast News and As Good As It Gets. No different from Gene Hackman retiring with Welcome To Mooseport.

At least they retired when they did a bad movie instead of doing 50 more like De Niro.

They’ve done some stinkers and disappointments too. Loose Cannons, Heartburn, The Chamber, Behind Enemy Lines.

That’s not surprising. But the sheer bulk and longevity of crap and crap that DeNiro continues to do exceeds both Hackman and Nicholson. Hell, he might have more garbage movies than both Hack and Jack combined!

Rocky & Bullwinkle, Meet the Fockers (as if the first one needed a sequel), Little Fockers (as if the sequel piece of crap needed a bigger piece of crap), Grudge Match, Dirty Grandpa....

• Like 1

That’s not surprising. But the sheer bulk and longevity of crap and crap that DeNiro continues to do exceeds both Hackman and Nicholson. Hell, he might have more garbage movies than both Hack and Jack combined!

Rocky & Bullwinkle, Meet the Fockers (as if the first one needed a sequel), Little Fockers (as if the sequel piece of crap needed a bigger piece of crap), Grudge Match, Dirty Grandpa....

And then you've got the straight to video shockers with 50 Cent and the stacks of mediocre thrillers and crap cameos in awful films and drab dramas as well.

And wasn't The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Sean Connery's last film? Who's gone out on top, voluntarily?

And then you've got the straight to video shockers with 50 Cent and the stacks of mediocre thrillers and crap cameos in awful films and drab dramas as well.

Try and watch these 5 plus minutes of garbage if you can. I couldn't finish even this small sample of the movie because it's too shitty.

http://youtu.be/afY_AowbNwA

I can't think of anything that Hack or Jack have done that's as horrible. And that's including Superman IV and Wolf !

And wasn't The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen Sean Connery's last film? Who's gone out on top, voluntarily?

Sean Connery is, and has been a retired actor, and producer, but his last movie wasn't "the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen". Between him, and Gene Hackman, does it make, and has it made any difference on who did go out on top? It shouldn't have made, and doesn't make a difference. With the movie "Wolf" that Jack Nicholson was in, it wasn't a bad one. As far as if anything did happen to Robert De Niro, and his acting, I don't know, haven't known, and he has been alive, but the sequel to "Meet the Parents" called "Meet the Fockers" wasn't bad, and was a funny movie.

Edited by Derek19

Sean Connery is, and has been a retired actor, and producer, but his last movie wasn't "the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen".

Other than some small-scale voice work for Connery, I think you'll see it was.

At any rate, there's a natural interest for music fans -- or any fans of any kind of performance -- about that alchemy of time and talent. We are fascinated by athletes who stay too long, by bands who keep on playing after they've run out of ideas and can't hit the notes they once could, and by actors who were great and then kept going. Is it the paycheck? The intoxication of the crowd? None of that?

On top of that, he turned down LOTR and the Morpheus role in The Matrix.

Righteous Kill and Freelance, those two with 50. Yeah, those were awful with the latter going direct to DVD. The former is just a chance for

Pacino to be the bad cop and DeNiro to be the one not doing the killings

as opposed to their roles in Heat.