Songs from the 90s Onwards Slug it Out

JohnnyBlaze

90s Onwards Battle  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you like the most?

2. 2. Which ones would you give 4 stars? (4: great, 3: good, 2: ok, 1: bad)

3. 3. How many of these are your favorite from their respective albums?

This is a good group of songs. Two of them are in my Rush top 10 (The Anarchist and Animate) and another is my favorite on its respective album (Earthshine). Driven is great too. I much prefer certain live versions of Dreamline to the studio one, and The Main Monkey Business is middling for a Rush instrumental, but I do like both tunes.
  • Like 1

This is a good group of songs. Two of them are in my Rush top 10 (The Anarchist and Animate) and another is my favorite on its respective album (Earthshine). Driven is great too. I much prefer certain live versions of Dreamline to the studio one, and The Main Monkey Business is middling for a Rush instrumental, but I do like both tunes.

I hear what you’re saying about The Main Monkey Business. I just don’t like that album and there are few tunes on it that I like on it anyway. Monkey, for me, is good but comes nowhere near the full powers of their earlier instrumentals. Ah well.

• Like 2

All at least good, only a couple truly greats for me: The Anarchist and Animate. Strangely I think only Driven might be my favorite from its album.

I really like Animate, The Anarchist and Earthshine ..... with Animate as my favourite (just).
  • Like 1

The Anarchist, Dreamline, and Driven are all top 25, and fit right in in terms of quality with the Golden Era.

Earthshine is good, but not great.

The Main Monkey Business is pedestrian.

Animate sucks.

Dreamline

I think they are all great

Didn’t think anyone was going to agree with all 6 of my album choices. But you did!

I’m also surprised that there are no “none” votes in that third poll question.

Dreamline - awesome roll-done-the-windows opener... in fact it's a Top 10 Rush Song for me.

Animate - the drums. Nuff said

Driven - awesome bass, kickass riffs and cool snare

Earthshine - possibly a top 10 song, just insanely heavy and the solo gives me goosebumps.

The Main Monkey Business - heavy song with great effects. tasty stuff

The Anarchist - once again, very heavy song

• Like 2