HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY 2020!!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING FUN YET SOCIAL DISTANCING!!!

RUSHHEAD666

Happy Fourth Of July!

What a fuckked up year, but that's life!!!

Hope you are being safe and BBQing at home or with family and a few friends!

I went on a six mile walk with a girlfriend of mind. Had lunch outdoor dining.

I've been home for the rest of the afternoon. Shelter in place.

My oldest daughter is at a pool party.

I'm hanging out with my pug Earl IV. Yes I'm Earl III. The pug is my son.

Going to eat a cheeseburger and crack a beer.

Cranking "ON THROUGH THE NIGHT" right now. "HIGH N DRY" is next!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!!

BE SAFE! STAY HEALTHY!!!!!

• Like 6

Goddamn effing pricks and their fireworks. Rocky gets up every few minutes and retreats into my bedroom to get away from the racket. The calming treats and dosing with CBD oil not working too well this year. He gives me a look as if to say "can't you make this stop?" Shit!
  • Like 2

Goddamn effing pricks and their fireworks. Rocky gets up every few minutes and retreats into my bedroom to get away from the racket. The calming treats and dosing with CBD oil not working too well this year. He gives me a look as if to say "can't you make this stop?" Shit!

I hear you loud and clear. My best friend and his family have to sedate their dog tonight because the fireworks drive the poor fella crazy!

My pug is almost 12. I think he's deaf. Just kidding, but he's pretty cool about it.

• Like 3

Happy Fourth Of July!

What a fuckked up year, but that's life!!!

Hope you are being safe and BBQing at home or with family and a few friends!

I went on a six mile walk with a girlfriend of mind. Had lunch outdoor dining.

I've been home for the rest of the afternoon. Shelter in place.

My oldest daughter is at a pool party.

I'm hanging out with my pug Earl IV. Yes I'm Earl III. The pug is my son.

Going to eat a cheeseburger and crack a beer.

Cranking "ON THROUGH THE NIGHT" right now. "HIGH N DRY" is next!!!!!

ROCK ON!!!!!!

BE SAFE! STAY HEALTHY!!!!!

Earl is California locked down again?

I had an awful day. Trying to decipher what my husband is saying to me is very tiresome. Some days, today was one of those days, I just am too worn out to do it.

If I question him to ascertain what he is trying to tell me, he gets defensive and we wind up going around in a diabolical circle of confusion.

So I find myself just nodding to most of what he says.

Happy Fourth, Earl! And Earl IV as well!

It was crazy around here. Until last year, no home fireworks were even allowed here (except sparklers and bottle rockets). Bigger ones became legal last year and people have been nuts ever since then. We had someone up the street (they love fireworks) and down the street (their son got in the Marines and celebrating) and they were shooting off the big shells, like a town fireworks display, for over an hour tonight.

It looked pretty, but they are really loud when there are a lot of houses around and dogs were so upset. Plus it has been dry and the sparks go everywhere. We had a 2 person cookout and were happy enough to go back inside away from the shrapnel.

• Like 2

I had an awful day. Trying to decipher what my husband is saying to me is very tiresome. Some days, today was one of those days, I just am too worn out to do it.

If I question him to ascertain what he is trying to tell me, he gets defensive and we wind up going around in a diabolical circle of confusion.

So I find myself just nodding to most of what he says.

It sounds exhausting. Your husband is very lucky to have you caring for him; I hope tomorrow is better! :heart: :hug2:

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

"To, and for people, who are celebrating this, Happy Independence Day, and Fourth of July".
  • Like 3

Poor Rocky! :hug2: The fireworks were particularly bad here this year as well.

• Like 2

... helps hide the gunshots

Even here, north of your border, it was noisy after midnight and noisy two nights after ... Canada day July 1st.

Edited by Tinwoodsman

It's a real blast, literally, but it's not supposed to be. This city made fireworks illegal almost 4 years ago but too many assholes don't care about the pets that freak out and bolt from their houses or yards or the former military people who have PTSD because, 'MURICA!
  • Like 2

Usual Saturday for me on this side of the pond ......however...... i had a 'few' beers ...... by 9:30pm i was feeling

somewhat 'dazed and confused' and had to go to bed. This morning (9:30am now) it is fair to say I have felt better!!

• Like 2

Poor Rocky! :hug2: The fireworks were particularly bad here this year as well.

As if it were by pre-arranged signal, all the racket stopped at 1:00 am. Silent, not a bang or pop. Nothing until 7 am, when Rocky starts nudging me up begging to go out. 81° and very hazy, the air thick with the smell of burnt gunpowder. Back to abnormal.
  • Like 2

It was insane here in Utah last night, since so many public displays were cancelled this year it seems everyone has gone overboard. Heck we even have people who drive up to Wyoming to get the illegal fireworks that our state doesn't allow. That has been the case pre pandemic but I wish that everyone would wise up. Everything is so dry it is crazy to set off fireworks. We are still fighting a big fire in southern Utah that was started by fireworks. I watered down the lawn good since we have a church nearby and people use the parking lot to set their rockets off there.

Thing is we will be having more tonight, they are allowed to do that by law. Then they will start up again around the 22nd. We have a state holiday on the 24th, it celebrates the day the pioneers came to Utah. There usually is a big rodeo and parade but of course that was cancelled too. I always enjoyed sparklers and the little spinners that stayed on the ground but I saw some kids yesterday out with sparklers but no parents in sight. Asking for trouble... :smash:

My sister's dog is terrified of the sound, she has tried one of those thundershirts but it doesn't help that much. She told me she put white noise on and wrapped the dog is a blanket which she sprayed lavender scent on. My husband always jokes that we are being bombarded and it does sound like that, no wonder the animals freak out.

Hope everyone had a safe one!

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2