The _hi_water._ Water Battle Tribute Poll

JohnnyBlaze

The Water Battle Tribute Poll   

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these do you like the most? (OR which do you dislike the least?)

2. 2. Which of these, if any, would you give an A- grade or higher?

In tribute to the poll-crazed TRFer, _hi_water._ , I give you the Water Battle Tribute Poll! :P

Of course, none of these are the standard Rush powerhouse tunes. But let's see how close this gets.

Vote. Discuss.

:blaze:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Leaving the songs aside, A for "enthusiasm"! It's hard to enter a board this well-established, with this many active posters, and immediately be recognizable as the one who does that thing. So there's that.
  • Like 2

I really like Red Tide so it gets my vote.

When you consider Rush's body of work collectively, I don't think any of these songs is worthy of a grade A.

I really like Red Tide so it gets my vote.

When you consider Rush's body of work collectively, I don't think any of these songs is worthy of a grade A.

I wouldn’t give any of these an A- or higher either. I do like High Water and Alien Shore though. Alien Shore probably comes closest to an A- with a grade of maybe a B or B+. Red Tide isn’t bad but I don’t particularly like it either.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 2

Currently, it’s as tight a vote as it can be with 8 TRFers choosing

Possibly an indication that when you get down to mediocrity, there isn't much to choose between them

Possibly an indication that when you get down to mediocrity, there isn't much to choose between them

Yeah I think these songs are generally thought of as mediocre (even though I personally only think one of them is) which is why I thought it’d be a tight race.

• Like 1

Yeah I think these songs are generally thought of as mediocre (even though I personally only think one of them is) which is why I thought it’d be a tight race.

It's a problem with a band who has had so many stellar releases ..... some of the other stuff, whilst good in it's own right, gets somewhat disregarded in terms of quality.

It makes this an interesting poll. I think i worded my last post badly..... rather than using the term mediocrity, i should have said 'less popular releases'. Each album involved here

has it's own merits, and i think from a poll perspective it's a fair mark comparing each of these songs against each other.

• Like 2

It's a problem with a band who has had so many stellar releases ..... some of the other stuff, whilst good in it's own right, gets somewhat disregarded in terms of quality.

It makes this an interesting poll. I think i worded my last post badly..... rather than using the term mediocrity, i should have said 'less popular releases'. Each album involved here

has it's own merits, and i think from a poll perspective it's a fair mark comparing each of these songs against each other.

Yeah I hear you.

Mediocre for Rush is most band’s masterpiece.

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you.

Most bands? You mean pop/rap bands? :yes: Most rock bands? :no:

I don't think Rush has any mediocre songs, or bad songs. The 'worst' Rush songs are just okay. But Geddy and Alex would be like "Tai Shan? Panacea from TFOL?"

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you.

I don't think Rush has any mediocre songs, or bad songs. The 'worst' Rush songs are just okay. But Geddy and Alex would be like "Tai Shan? Panacea from TFOL?"

I rank 7 songs off Hold Your Fire higher than High Water. I’d rank EVERYTHING from 2112 to Power Windows higher than High Water. From Presto onwards, High Water starts beating more songs but it’s still getting crushed by plenty. Among Rush tunes, yes it is mediocre imho...but I like it. And yes, it is better than many other rock band’s best songs. For example, I’d have to really hand pick some Def Leppard songs that’d beat it, and I don’t really have a negative opinion of DL.

As far as Rush’s worst tunes go, those I really dislike. [see also: Bravest Face, Spindrift, You Bet Your Life]

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you.

I rank 7 songs off Hold Your Fire higher than High Water. I’d rank EVERYTHING from 2112 to Power Windows higher than High Water. From Presto onwards, High Water starts beating more songs but it’s still getting crushed by plenty. Among Rush tunes, yes it is mediocre imho...but I like it. And yes, it is better than many other rock band’s best songs. For example, I’d have to really hand pick some Def Leppard songs that’d beat it, and I don’t really have a negative opinion of DL.

As far as Rush’s worst tunes go, those I really dislike. [see also: Bravest Face, Spindrift, You Bet Your Life]

Rush's worst tunes are better than anything Poison put out

Also, Poison... BLECH

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you.

Also, Poison... BLECH

I can’t think of a single Poison song that’s better than Bravest Face (my most disliked Rush tune)

• Like 1

Yeah I hear you.

Which is why I corrected myself on the mediocre terminology.

Yeah I hear you.

Also, Poison... BLECH

I can’t think of a single Poison song that’s better than Bravest Face (my most disliked Rush tune)

Poison are one of a number of crap bands that emerged in the '80s
  • Like 1

Yeah I hear you.

Also, Poison... BLECH

Yeah... I love how they're called hair metal. That's a laugh, they're NOT even metal
  • Like 1

Yeah I hear you.

Also, Poison... BLECH

Yeah... I love how they're called hair metal. That's a laugh, they're NOT even metal

Hehehe ..... i suspect with the ravages of time, some of them are now no-hair metal!! Lol!

Yeah I hear you.

Also, Poison... BLECH

At the end of the day, the genre doesn’t matter. Instead of hair metal, they could’ve been called pop, rock, or whatever. I still

would’ve disliked their music.

• Like 1