Jump to content


Guitar solo battle: The Eagles - Hotel California vs The Beatles - While My Guitar Gently Weeps - Clapton vs Walsh and Felder

to hell with goodhell

  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: Guitar solo duel: Hotel California vs While My Guitar Gently Weeps (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Which guitar solo is better?

  1. Hotel California played by Joe Walsh and Don Felder (9 votes [90.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 90.00%

  2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps played by Eric Clapton (1 votes [10.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 95944 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:09 PM

Which one is the better guitar solo here?

Sponsored Post

#2 _hi_water._

_hi_water._

    The God Of Balance

  • Members
  • 6750 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA
  • Interests:Cooking, music, movies, video games, home media, rants, polls

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:10 PM

Hotel California.

cOmE @ m3

#3 bluefox4000

bluefox4000

    I never talk to strangers

  • Members
  • 20661 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island, NY
  • Interests:Music, Reading, Talking

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:14 PM

Hotel California

Mick

#4 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 95944 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

Clapton getting an early beating so far.

#5 J2112YYZ

J2112YYZ

    The Oracle

  • Members
  • 14497 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo, NY

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:40 PM

The solo in Hotel California is better but I think overall While My Guitar Gently Weeps is the better song.

#6 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2968 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:46 PM

I prefer the way Jeff Healey played the guitar solo in his version of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'.


Edited by RushFanForever, 29 June 2020 - 01:48 PM.


#7 The Cat 3

The Cat 3

    Modern Day Alice Cooper

  • Members *
  • 25000 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:53rd and 3rd

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

View PostRushFanForever, on 29 June 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

I prefer the way Jeff Healey played the guitar solo in his version of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'.



Have you seen this...



#8 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2968 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:52 PM

View PostThe Cat 3, on 29 June 2020 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostRushFanForever, on 29 June 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

I prefer the way Jeff Healey played the guitar solo in his version of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'.



Have you seen this...



Yes, I was going to add that to my post, but you beat me to it. All good.

#9 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 95944 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 29 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

View PostRushFanForever, on 29 June 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

I prefer the way Jeff Healey played the guitar solo in his version of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'.


Jeff Healey isn't in the poll and he wasn't in the Eagles in 1976 or The Beatles in 1968. No need to insert anybody else in this two option poll.

#10 zepphead

zepphead

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2497 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:N. Ireland
  • Interests:Music .. Collecting music, listening, attending concerts, gym, horse racing, travelling, food & drink.

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:07 PM

Hotel California. (My missus would have battered me if i voted otherwise)

#11 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 33179 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:12 PM

I know it's cool to bash Hotel California.  There's even a thread around here about never playing it again.  It's a great song.  The vibe on the solos is very similar.  And I am not one of the people who are in awe of Clapton.  But WMGGW is the better song. So I'm giving it the nod.

#12 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 95944 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:25 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 29 June 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

I know it's cool to bash Hotel California.  There's even a thread around here about never playing it again.  It's a great song.  The vibe on the solos is very similar.  And I am not one of the people who are in awe of Clapton.  But WMGGW is the better song. So I'm giving it the nod.
Well we're not talking about the song here, it's purely about the guitar solo. Vote as you will though.

#13 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 33179 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:32 PM

View Posttreeduck, on 29 June 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 29 June 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

I know it's cool to bash Hotel California.  There's even a thread around here about never playing it again.  It's a great song.  The vibe on the solos is very similar.  And I am not one of the people who are in awe of Clapton.  But WMGGW is the better song. So I'm giving it the nod.
Well we're not talking about the song here, it's purely about the guitar solo. Vote as you will though.

The solos are very, very similar in terms of their feel.  So I voted Clapton because it's a part of a better whole.

#14 treeduck

treeduck

    Tenacious T

  • Members *
  • 95944 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester, England

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:37 PM

View PostRick N. Backer, on 29 June 2020 - 02:32 PM, said:

View Posttreeduck, on 29 June 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

View PostRick N. Backer, on 29 June 2020 - 02:12 PM, said:

I know it's cool to bash Hotel California.  There's even a thread around here about never playing it again.  It's a great song.  The vibe on the solos is very similar.  And I am not one of the people who are in awe of Clapton.  But WMGGW is the better song. So I'm giving it the nod.
Well we're not talking about the song here, it's purely about the guitar solo. Vote as you will though.

The solos are very, very similar in terms of their feel.  So I voted Clapton because it's a part of a better whole.
They are that's why I made the poll.

#15 Entre_Perpetuo

Entre_Perpetuo

    Queenmaster

  • Members
  • 10622 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Solar Federation
  • Interests:Music, architecture, and childhood hobbies.

Posted 29 June 2020 - 03:14 PM

Gotta hand it to The Eagles here.

#16 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 26847 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:22 PM

Some song associated with Gypsy Kings and bowling.

#17 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 51773 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:16 PM

View PostJ2112YYZ, on 29 June 2020 - 01:40 PM, said:

The solo in Hotel California is better but I think overall While My Guitar Gently Weeps is the better song.

Ditto

#18 RushFanForever

RushFanForever

    Solar Federalist

  • Members
  • 2968 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:22 AM

To compromise, can someone take the 'Hotel California' guitar solo and layer it onto 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps'?

That way everything is great.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: to hell with goodhell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users